General The James and Jason Hour: Podcast Questions. Saturday, OCT 22, 12 Noon EST

I always like hearing about underrated/overrated cube cards or cards you have a pet like/dislike for. You may take this as an excuse to continue the crusade for Ion Storm.

How are you (if at all) going to use energy in Cube formats?

What are your thoughts on the "Too Many Lands" thread. Takeaways? Ideas? Inspirations?

Do you think that Kaladesh Set Cube would be a neat starting point for a project?

What do you think of the American election cycle this time around?

Do you keep house pets? House plants?

What's your wifi password?

After testing, is breaking singleton worth it in the Brushwagg Cube?

How do you feel about custom cards?

Do you think the Splinter Twin ban was justified in Modern?

Replace Delve with energy costs on Dig Through Time. How expensive is it?

How many Trading Posts is too many Trading Posts?

What are the merits of a Riptide power-level environment with Bouncelands instead of Fetch/Shock?

Do you play Hearthstone?

Why is Midrange Shaman still bullshit?

What are your opinions on Kaladesh Masterpieces? Sol Ring in draft?

Have you seen Midnight Oil played in limited?

Is there interest in a community-designed all-customs cube?

On a scale of 1 to Post, how shit is this list?

Which Gearhulks are you running, if any?

Listen to "Lingus" by Snarky Puppy and tell me what you think.

Predictions for the storyline of Aether Revolt?

Do you like the design direction Magic is headed in?

What would you ban/unban in Modern, and why is it Birthing Pod?

Have you considered an all-Aether Hub mana base?

How is your thesis work going?

Breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Snarky Puppy is gas. Also if you like Snarky Puppy but they aren't quite wacky enough for you, you should try Kneebody. Some real next level type stuff.

"Do you guys even play magic?"

What are the biggest limitations to theorycrafting?
How many lands is too many?
In light of the playtesting bottleneck, how can we best make use of limited data?
Outside of the power-max and singleton boogie-men, what aspects of traditional cube culture do you find to be most damaging? most influential?

What's the best thing about being able to chat with other cube designers about cube design?
What distinguishes this from discussing your cube with your playgroup?
How can fledgling cube designers best benefit from the resources available at RiptideLab?
Do you have a favourite Standard deck (from any Standard)? Decks?
What kind of articles would you like to see Riptidelab publish in the next year? Several years?
Will the MTGO cube ever be great?

I have some of my most coherent thoughts on the Too Many Lands issue in a document somewhere... It may give you better insight into my side of the argument.Oryours.

Should I dig it up?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
What are your thoughts on custom cards?
What's the ideal cube size for you?
How do you introduce a new theme to a cube?
How much support does a theme, say colorless or enchantment matters, need to be draftable?
What areas factor into the complexity of a cube environment, and how much complexity is too much?
Would you run cards with fear, intimidate, and menace in the same cube?
How do you keep a cube accessible to inexperienced players while keeping it fun for experienced players?
Which cube archethemes are the most fun and should we explore them in our own cubes?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Stream highlights:
In which Jason tries to win the only way he can: timing out James.

The Pack Wars post-show:
Where we talk about Magic and advise Mad Prophet on Innistrad dating priorities.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
If you are like me and weren't there for this and don't have a solid hour and a half to stay near a computer screen, I have exported the podcast... Into an actual podcast!

My soundcloud was too full so I had to just put it on my own domain. You can play it there or right-click and save as if you want to download it.

I will be listening to it on my bicycle rides to and from work tomorrow, should be a good listen (hopefully).
If anyone wants any of the other vods converted I am more than willing to do so.

Edit:
Also, I don't know what Jason decided to do with that large noise at the start there, but I fixed it so it doesn't blow your ears out :p