Recent content by Dom Harvey

  1. Dom Harvey

    Dom's Stream of Consciousness

    This redemption arc got me into the Top 128 cut and I completed the 9-0 on the day with a trophy in aquaone's gorgeous Vintage Cube, a stunning aesthetic experience that really demands a photo: This streak ended in the Top 64 elimination rounds in an alternate history Vintage Cube where the...
  2. Dom Harvey

    Dom's Stream of Consciousness

    CUBECON 2026 After a few years away I went to CubeCon again this year! I had no real intention of going until quite late - I hadn't submitted any Cubes, hadn't looked at flights, made other vague plans for that weekend. But oomf was going already, I badly needed a break, and I was able to slide...
  3. Dom Harvey

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    I love enchantments generally, many of the more unique + narrow build-arounds I like are enchantments but there aren't good tutors for them so 'worse Formidable Speaker but for enchanties' is actually a really appealing pitch for me This thing looks great - I love self-mill on creatures but...
  4. Dom Harvey

    Dom's Stream of Consciousness

    DRAFT REPORT - AUGUST 2026 (prologue!!) Untap TO (our local mini-CubeCon - a nice dry run for my return to the full all-American CubeCon next week!) is this weekend - after winning the first one and missing the second I wanted to get a Cube in this one at the very least. I'm glad to report it's...
  5. Dom Harvey

    GBS

    Seems to be gremlins in the pipes again
  6. Dom Harvey

    Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

    Vibe check on Griselbrand as a cheat target these days? I think I want one Really Big Thing to entice drafters, it's the prize my beloved Agatha's Soul Cauldron really wants (and other conditional reanimation like Loyal Retainers or stuff like Sneak Attack), and I have fond memories of it. In a...
  7. Dom Harvey

    General Big bodies

    Fight Rigging is a sweet payoff here (sorry if mentioned already, most images in the OP aren't loading for me for some reason?)
  8. Dom Harvey

    Dom's Stream of Consciousness

    Slimmed down to 450 for now to have a cleaner template to work from: https://cubecobra.com/cube/list/dastro
  9. Dom Harvey

    General CBS

    Suppose you were starting a draft with a set of all 5 Moxen that you could put in your deck. What cards would you be more excited to see/draft as a result?
  10. Dom Harvey

    Sets The Hobbit

    I love Noisemaker; this set is looking very promising for People Like Me so far
  11. Dom Harvey

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    Origin of the Hidden Ones
  12. Dom Harvey

    General Gruul Aggro-Madness

    Miles got there first but Rx Discard has picked up more substantial tools than almost any other archetype in any colour in recent years and those two-drops + three-drops are a great core for aggro and midrange alike. Special shout-out to Sabin, which flies under the radar as a recent printing...
  13. Dom Harvey

    Dom's Stream of Consciousness

    DRAFT REPORT - JUNE 2026 Our monthly all-day Cube-a-thon gave me another chance to draft, this time a pod of 7 with a lot of first-timers: 5c Lurrus Control Gr Ramp (me) UB Mid GW Survival WB Sac/Reanimator BR Mid UWR Prowess/Control Ones 1 Mox Amber 1 Mishra's Bauble 1 Chromatic Star Twos...
  14. Dom Harvey

    Dom's Stream of Consciousness

    MARVEL This first (of many!) batch of Marvel releases has so many cards that you'd expect some to be interesting but there's a decent haul here even given that baseline. Aesthetically every character being a Named Legend is quite jarring but that's not categorically different from many normal...
  15. Dom Harvey

    General Card Theft

    The logistics can be annoying but I love these effects. They inherently add variety to how the games play out and make it uniquely sensitive to the contents of both decks; it's true that the average card in their deck is worse than the average card in yours but the exceptions make for...
Top