Mirage Rath themed cube

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Its looking like there are a few auras to speak of, so winds of rath could be okay

Jesus thoguh, why do all the white ones give +1/+54897265349856432985?

Because this is what white is all about:

I'm looking at other auras at the moment, since there are a few pretty bad in at the moment.

Surprisingly playable, given how slow the cube is, but another overrun could be a way to close games earlier. I might feel a bit unfair though. Very much worth pondering.

Tiny change, got some cards, and will be taking out the islandhome cards in a future update

Out:

In:

Heavy Ballista does not make for interesting board states, whereas Sidar Jabari encourages attacking. Necratog has a more interesting synergy with cards like skyshroud vampire and vampire hounds. Added the caliph as the first izzet card, izzet will also get a frantic efreet,. None of them are cards that pull you into izzet I guess, but they could be interesting.
Selenia and Crovax are just pure upgrades.

Hm, double carnophage with double or triple sarcomancy could go a good way towards making cheap aggro interesting. What a revolutionary thought!

Finally got to cutting the islandhome trap:

Out:

In:

GG convinced me that I should keep Zombie scavengers, so I'm doing that. Instead of the islandhome trap, I put blue shadows back in, making it a three colour theme. Ertai's familiar fits well with the other phasing douches, and also has some synergy with Living Death, and what other graveyard manipulation I end up putting in.

Adding Mirri's guile, how does doubling up on mirage fetches sound? Or do I need more cards that can take advantage of a shuffle effect?

I suspected as much.

I've been pondering this thing here for a bit, and I'm conflicted. It plays pretty well, but it's a bit hard to get overlap between the themes, or rather, between the sets. Flanking is just in one of the blocks, and slivers is just in another, same with phasing, shadow, etc. Its not like they can't benefit from cards in the other block, but is that enough? Is it a fools errand? Am I going crazy? Blargh.

Had a draft today, with a black shadow-y deck winning. What I'm taking away from the draft, is that this card is a lot of fun.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Woo Mirri's Guile! I assume Feral Shadow was already in? Unless the panther and breathstealer are worth running on their own...

Shadow is just flying anyway, enough critters that can block it in Mirage anyway.

Of course I meant Tempest, not Mirage.