A place for feedback

Sorry if this post should go somewhere else. I just wanted to go ahead a start a place where I could provide feedback on cubetutor as I think of it.

First of all, it's awesome. I built my first cube this week and I'm not certain I would have if it wasn't for cubetutor.

Here's some random stuff I got now:

Displaying the correct card image for the set is a great addition.

I hate drafting an awesome deck, taking time to craft it, then finding out I'm not logged in. Then it tells me I need to log in, sure no problem, except after I log in I seem to lose the deck I just built every time. I wish it would remember what was going on and let me save. Maybe this is user error?

I think the export functionality needs to export what set the card is from. I care much more about this than "MONO WHITE CREATURE". I want the export to be a complete backup of the cube, and all I really need there is card name and set.

I think it would be cool if there was an easy way to draft somebody's cube if they drafted yours. For example, if I see in my activity, "cooldude99" drafted my cube, I'd like to be able to click on his name and see if he has any cubes. I might even make a comment about his cube after that, and I think that might build a bit of community. Again, I might just not see how to do this.

I'd like to be able to delete cubes, or at least set a default cube. I have three - one I care about a lot (the third one I made) the others I don't really care about at all.

It would be kinda cool to be able to edit deck after you saved it. I realized I screwed up and would have liked to swap some stuff to my sideboard.

lebenski

CubeTutor Developer
Sorry if this post should go somewhere else. I just wanted to go ahead a start a place where I could provide feedback on cubetutor as I think of it.

First of all, it's awesome. I built my first cube this week and I'm not certain I would have if it wasn't for cubetutor.

Here's some random stuff I got now:

Displaying the correct card image for the set is a great addition.

I hate drafting an awesome deck, taking time to craft it, then finding out I'm not logged in. Then it tells me I need to log in, sure no problem, except after I log in I seem to lose the deck I just built every time. I wish it would remember what was going on and let me save. Maybe this is user error?

I think the export functionality needs to export what set the card is from. I care much more about this than "MONO WHITE CREATURE". I want the export to be a complete backup of the cube, and all I really need there is card name and set.

I think it would be cool if there was an easy way to draft somebody's cube if they drafted yours. For example, if I see in my activity, "cooldude99" drafted my cube, I'd like to be able to click on his name and see if he has any cubes. I might even make a comment about his cube after that, and I think that might build a bit of community. Again, I might just not see how to do this.

I'd like to be able to delete cubes, or at least set a default cube. I have three - one I care about a lot (the third one I made) the others I don't really care about at all.

It would be kinda cool to be able to edit deck after you saved it. I realized I screwed up and would have liked to swap some stuff to my sideboard.

Hey Tom!

Thanks for your feedback!

Supporting deck building after login is such an obvious idea that goes hand in hand with the redirect after login work I did a couple of releases back. So I got my laptop out and completed this on the way to work this morning! It will go out in the next release.

Now that I've added the per set card images to Cube Tutor it gives people more incentive to specify the correct set for the cards in their list, so I think adding this to the export is a good idea.

Nice idea on the name linking to the user's cube. I have added this to my list.

Deleting a cube and changing your Primary cube have both been requested a couple of times before so I will get around to working on this soon.

Again deck editing is a sensible feature. Editing and Deleting are two things that CT historically hasn't done too well!

All great ideas so I thank you for your time in putting them down.

Ben.

lebenski

CubeTutor Developer
Haha, I just want to make this site as awesome as it can be and to that end this is now also live :) I had to perform a routine restart earlier so I took the opportunity to sneak this fix in.

How do the bots decide what to draft? It would be sweet if they valued cards that were picked highly by players.

I think it'd be easier and cleaner to make swaps (something I'd guess many people do very often) if the "edit list" had a "swap cards" line. Each text box would have autocomplete:
swap.png

"Suggest Replacements" is pretty cool, but most of the time I know exactly what I want to swap.

The curve analysis is probably my favorite feature, but I've always suspected something was wrong with it. I finally realized that it counts "x" in mana costs as 5? This made it look like I had too many 6 drops. Maybe added a column for x?

Also is the FAQ page linked anywhere on the site? I couldn't find it.

Hello! I'll dig up my old thread here... Still using CT, its still awesome.

I thought of a new feature request. It would be cool if there was a way to save off a version, or revision, of the cube. So... I'm happy with my cube so I click a button.. "Save Revision" or something. Then maybe I could access that version of the cube via http://cubetutor.com/cubeblog/3170&v=1 or something to access version 1 of the cube. Then I make some minor changes and I might not save a new revision, but eventually after enough minor changes or a major change I could save off a new revision. The main page always shows the latest but I could always load up previous revisions.

There are two reasons I'd want this
1) I think it would be interesting to watch the history of the cube over time. The blog post logs are good, but having a complete copy of the cube at a certain snapshot would provide more detail.
2) A "restore this revision" button would allow me to save off a revision of the cube then be free to experiment. After a "save" I'd be free to hack up the cube and try out new things, knowing at any point I could just "revert" the change.

I realize this is kind of a... power user feature and not everybody would use it, but I think it would be cool! Also, there may be storage concerns if every user was able fork off unlimited numbers of copies of their cube.. but it would seem reasonable to limit the number of revisions to some sane number.

In any case, keep up the good work!

Hi, first of all, thanks for providing us with such an awesome site!
One problem I'm having with it is that checking the box 'keep me logged in' only seems to to it's thing for +-48hours.
Any way to fix this?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I would very much like a [ c ][ /c ] tag that does exactly the same as the [ card ][ /card ] tag but takes up six less characters. I often run into the upper limit of 1000 characters when posting decklists. For example, this change would save me 174 characters in the last decklist I posted, which would allow me to put in a lot more relevant sideboard cards in the same post.

Backwards compatibility would be nice of course, so my old posts don't break :)