General CBS

CML

Contributor
someone suggest to sperling an extended rant about this "my opponent" shit, which is a periphrasis that not only makes videos completely unwatchable, it also suggests not a gender-neutral culture but one self-righteously embarrassed about being a sausagefest to the point it makes ineffectual token gestures that only succeed in driving normal people away

apologies if i wrote about this before

p.s. 1000th

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
someone suggest to sperling an extended rant about this "my opponent" shit, which is a periphrasis that not only makes videos completely unwatchable, it also suggests not a gender-neutral culture but one self-righteously embarrassed about being a sausagefest to the point it makes ineffectual token gestures that only succeed in driving normal people away

p.s. 1000th

You mentioned this before, at least in Skype chat, but I don't recall the argument gaining any traction.

I don't have any issue with people using my opponent. Wait... That didn't come out right...

Agreed. I sometimes say my opponent even when gender is known. Though I also slip into saying "he" or "that guy" when I don't know the gender, so I'm not at all consistent with my gender messaging.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

p.s. 1000th

I would like to see CML write an article that is a character assassination of the type of person that would bother to cheat in something as insignificant as a Magic tournament.

CML

Contributor
Agreed. I sometimes say my opponent even when gender is known. Though I also slip into saying "he" or "that guy" when I don't know the gender, so I'm not at all consistent with my gender messaging.

i am not either since "fuckhead" or "idiot" are gender-neutral

Poker had it right all along with 'Villain'

yeah well villain and hero are way too funny and ironic for magic culture. obviously true

I would like to see CML write an article that is a character assassination of the type of person that would bother to cheat in something as insignificant as a Magic tournament.

sure though the judges are equally terrible. the main humor i get from the boettcher situation is people who thought he was awesome and then uh. still i find his and bertoncini's contempt for magic culture and willingness to lie to dolts to be an admirable trait if not a saving grace. it is the misery of these dolts that gives me great enjoyment. thus i am motivated by spite not for one person but many.

I'm really excited about the new dragon wrath for some stupid reason anyone else considering mild dragon control/midranged build-around-mes?

I think it's not the big of an issue having multiple cards being good at 5 and at 6.
I like dragon wrath because it has the potential to be really sweet for your deck on turn 5 when you are making the game tenable, and even sweeter later after stabilizing with your fatty. Dragons just tend to be always sweet. I'm sure we can find more dragons on 4 too, the hording one seems good in any format with too many artifacts lol.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Bring out the sharpies! (That pro black looks so incredibly tacked on, like, it feels very much like something that happened for some technical reason during development)
Oh for sure, Chameleon Colossus was really well positioned in standard at the time, precisely because it has pro-black. I don't mind the ability too much in constructed, but in limited it's even less interactive than storm (the mechanic).