Modern Rotisserie Draft

1-1 so far.

vs. Silas (URg aggro) lose 1-2
g1 he gets stuck on two lands and I Chaos Dunk his board.
g2 he curves out and my clunky hand of 6 drops somehow doesn't get there??
g3 he Molten Rains me which keeps me from casting Polukranos, World Eater in time to maybe stabilize and I get d/c'd from Cockatrice the turn before he would burn me out.

vs. Ben (monogreen except actually with red but really it's monogreen) win 2-0
g1 he doesn't have anything major that he ramps into and I cast Through the Breach putting Protean Hulk into play to infinite him.
g2 I have t4 Quicksilver Amulet into jamming Woodfall Primus and Dunklord Barkley and such.

I'm up for playing people, come on, don't be shy, what are you doing, working or sleeping or something like that? Bah-

Can confirm, got curb stomped in several games (we played more matches after the best-of-three set) by both Silas and Jeff.
I stumbled on mana against Jeff in a few games, and in the other games got beat by some quick Quicksilver Amulet, Body Double, Woodfall Primus shenanigans.

Silas went way under me with Delver, Goblin Guide (thanks for the lands) and friends. Vapor Snag, Snapcaster, Vapor Snag was his best play against my non-Thragtusk cards. I got blown out by an embarrassing Spell Pierce in game two that I could have played around, and forgot about Deprive another time. He's put together a nice aggro-tempo deck.

Was a lot of fun seeing their decks piles of cards in action.

I agree. More people online at the same time was not only more enjoyable for discussion/reactions, etc. BUT it also made the picking less of a "grab the next thing on my list and move on" and more of a "hm, I wonder how these picks interact with everyone else," at least for me.

So maybe an improvement could be to set up specific times to make picks, at least to start off and to end. Start off with 10-15 picks in a few hours on a weekend maybe, then make picks as usual during the week, and then finish off the draft during another chunk of time the next weekend. Or something like that, to keep it from feeling like its dragging on too long. Just sorta spewing ideas at this point.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Same :p never even got round to building the deck. If any one else wants to try it they're welcome to, not that much thought went into it.

I still haven't set up a dummy computer for Skype and other network risks yet, but I still idle in #CubeLab on the freenode server. If you pop in and I'm there, I'll probably duel ya. I'd sooner playtest one of the great MTGS custom sets I've been trying on cockatrice lately, though, if I had my druthers. :D