General The Roman Emperor Thread

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I come bearing the most humble of overpeddled goods, m'lord.

Image.ashx

It's a non-parasitic Lord, has flash (i like 4 mana instants a lot), and can be either a combat trick or value creature. I really liked it in Origins and EMA.

I started from the bottom now I'm here

(admittedly the flavour text is painful)

My day drinking has provided me with quite a bounty of final offerings. What a thrilling end to my long and joyous reign!

I come bearing the most humble of overpeddled goods, m'lord.

Carefully considered, I must say that this is a fine suggestion, Waddell. Low-hanging fruit, true, but fruit nonetheless: approved.

It's a non-parasitic Lord, has flash (i like 4 mana instants a lot), and can be either a combat trick or value creature. I really liked it in Origins and EMA.

I started from the bottom now I'm here

(admittedly the flavour text is painful)

Safra, what is this 14th pick chicanery? You know better! Rejected, with extreme prejudice!

I see with Hammer of Purphorus and Evolutionary Leap, you seem to be going for an increase in enchantment density... could it be time for

You're too bold by half, Aston. Though my reign is ending, I've recommended you to the Bureau of Audits. I'm told it's a fate worse than death, which is too fine an ending for a shitposter of your caliber. I hope you've reported all of your Rare Pepes...

--
With my reign ending, I am sure there will be many tears. Indeed, my embezzlement schemes will take a generation to catch and rectify, and by the time the depths of my plundering are discovered, I will be safely ensconced across the sea, on a private island, with several princes begging my hand in marriage. I will accept all of them.

In the meantime, our final results:
1) Peter LaCara (Abzan Falconer)
1) David Bohlander (Hammer of Purphoros)
1) Dianokov (Evolutionary Leap)
1) safra (Woodland Bellower)
1) Jason Waddell (Ajani, Caller of the Pride)

A single die role selects the next in line for the throne: by royal decree, Dianokov, it's your turn! Post your list and claim the throne!

Countrymen and countrywomen! Lay down your spades and scythes, and wash yourselves of your peasantry filth! I welcome you into the splendor of our great hall, for together we shall Make Riptide Laboratories Great Again! You will know that I stand for the people, ye who have chosen me by divine bureaucratic randomization!

Please do not touch the carpet. Stand along the side, over there.

Hmmm...the stench of your pandering to my enchantments theme surely offends the court, and yet the people cry that Aston hath not suffered enough, and so it shall be done. Accepted!

Wolfir Avenger is a baller, and unkillable 3-power 3-drop in a color that lacks interesting creatures.
Intriguing, but I am unconvinced. Tireless Tracker will not have waited outside in the elements only to be cut in line by one with fewer text. Rejected!

over a crappy red 4 drop.

The people are pleased by their stupid faces. Accepted!

It protects your creatures from removal.
It works nicely with Titania, Protector of Argoth
With Crucible of Worlds or Life from the Loam it can help trigger landfall every turn.
Am I a fool to trust this Sylvan Safekeeper to uphold his duties? Who shall vouch for him?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I humbly present you with the green Accumulated Knowledge. Well, knowledge on legs...Ok, it's just a nice card to quad, alright? Perfect off a mana elf, and if you ever find the fourth one, it's just filthy! (Also, it's an interesting green three drop that ties into spells matters, which is actually pretty hard to pull off on green!)

I humbly present you with the green Accumulated Knowledge. Well, knowledge on legs...Ok, it's just a nice card to quad, alright? Perfect off a mana elf, and if you ever find the fourth one, it's just filthy! (Also, it's an interesting green three drop that ties into spells matters, which is actually pretty hard to pull off on green!)

I humbly present you with the green Accumulated Knowledge.

green Accumulated Knowledge.

Am I a fool to trust this Sylvan Safekeeper to uphold his duties? Who shall vouch for him?

I will vouch for him, your Grace. A continuous piece of disruption for all sorts of decks with fine typings that enables degenerate plays off Titania and Life From the Loam? Such refined shenanigans are a fitting amusement for your noble company. Combo-enabling, lands-matter 1-drops are rare treasures, mi'lord - fitting for your high-born merriments.

++

Squad.
This is madness! Rejected!

Cult of the new here!

It has all the abilities, what's not to like !
Am I to read this tiny, tired tale again and again? If I wanted to hear a narrative, I would send for my bard! Rejected!

A fair complement to the finest card in the land. My utility land Blinkmoths, who have been ailing, may hope to see a return to good health. Accepted!

Had I some magical instrument that alters text, a Wolf would be 2/2, and there would be much drinking of mead and mirth for all in celebration. Alas, I am no such god, and the misery upon the masses which He hath deemed Appropriate shall continue. Rejected! Return to your cell, posthaste!

For a liege of discerning taste. Verily I say that in any cube with squadron'd Gravecrawlers, this card 'tis sick as hell.
He was here the other day. I did not like him, and he did not like me. Rejected!

I will vouch for him, your Grace. A continuous piece of disruption for all sorts of decks with fine typings that enables degenerate plays off Titania and Life From the Loam? Such refined shenanigans are a fitting amusement for your noble company. Combo-enabling, lands-matter 1-drops are rare treasures, mi'lord - fitting for your high-born merriments.
Mmm, yes. Scribe, please take note that my merriments are, indeed, high-born.

David Bohlander- Accepted!

Only one remains!
https://coub.com/view/7wiv3

Since obviously the emperor appriciates clean designs i now present you anything but the cult of the new (maybe new in this forum?):

Shall i be pardoned or pun'd away to my demise?

Since obviously the emperor appriciates clean designs i now present you anything but the cult of the new (maybe new in this forum?):

Shall i be pardoned or pun'd away to my demise?
Your punishment will be standard. You will be given a single opportunity to retain your honor. At dawn, you will compete in the village square to retrieve an apple from a famished quickhatch. Should you fail, and the quickhatch spares you, you will be beaten with reeds for five full moments.