Begindikar

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
My stub for a new cube idea.

4x

Pretty much every MDFC from the newest Zendikar. Plus utility lands like Halimar Depths and Teetering Peaks.

The full cycle of two-color manlands, + tons of Awaken cards.
Tons of Landfall.

A cycle of fetches but without the fetchable duals/tris.

That's all I got for now.

Reactions: dbs

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Bouncelands are a good shout, although they put some weird restrictions on your format. Like, since I was planning on putting Awaken + Manlands, I'd want some Tectonic Edge / Ghost Quarter effects, which are pretty feelbad when pointed at a bounceland.

Those two red cards look perfect for this type of design though.

That doesn't sound like a beginner cube at all though? Lots of MDFCs, complex sequencing and many utility lands that often need to often need to be used "suboptimally" (like Teetering Peaks on empty board) to be used optimally. It sounds fun, but very spikish.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if Meloku and Multani are too strong for what I have in mind. Was thinking Kazandu Stomper and co.

I don't know if it's beginner at Magic friendly, but I do want it to feel pretty clean and approachable, and closer to the retail side of the spectrum.

i think “picking up lands for value” is awesome and something that appeals to many many players. to maximize its viability, i would slow the format to a “start playing on turn 3” kind of level so that the first two turns can be spent sequencing scrylands, cantripping, etc. then the threats start to drop after that.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
What, this one?

d87a40cb-b30d-41ce-8e11-5fe3136fdadd.jpg