Breath of the Wild (Review)

I'm still only about 6-8 hours in, so I'll have to get back to you on my opinions later. Personally, this is the direction I've been wanting Zelda to go in for a long time now. A Link Between Worlds was absolutely stellar, and had a similar design approach.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I liked it quite a lot too, and found it far better than Twilight Princess, which was so tedious I never actually finished it. The opening many hours were sublime, there was just a point where the game lost me a bit, but that may be a matter of taste.

I liked it quite a lot too, and found it far better than Twilight Princess, which was so tedious I never actually finished it. The opening many hours were sublime, there was just a point where the game lost me a bit, but that may be a matter of taste.

Based on your description in the article, it sounds very similar to my experience with Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. There were some fun storylines for a while, but eventually it devolved into side quests and closing portals and it started to feel formulaic.