General Cards missing from the MODO cube

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I just did a full inventory on the MODO cube, it seems we are missing:

1 Brainstorm
2 Birthing Pod

My guess is the following happened: if you highlight all the cards in a trade, it will only take one of each card. Likely somebody had 3 Birthing Pods, and another drafter had 2 Brainstorms, and they didn't all get taken. Not a major issue, but if we could get these cards back before the next draft that would be fantastic.

I expect that once we have cloudshift up and running, this won't be an issue any longer.

Aoret

Developer
Totally agree. There's actually a ton of cool stuff we could make cloudshift do, but I think the best way to figure out which things are actually important to implement.

The thing I need to figure out before anything else is what our workflow pattern is going to look like. It's useful for both the draft participants and the draft host to have access to cloudshifted decklists (as a host it's a necessity to hand out cards, as a participant it makes it easier to build your deck and to trade cards back at the end). So the question is, do the drafters cloudshift their own lists and then hand them over to the host?

I guess in an ideal world it would work like draft.wtf where one person hosts it and you get a time sensitive link for that draft that everyone hits. Participants dump their links in, get a list download out, host gets 8 downloads as they arrive, named after each participant, and then some tracking on the flipside for the host to verify that they got stuff back. But then again, I do have a full time job coding already... lol

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Totally agree. There's actually a ton of cool stuff we could make cloudshift do, but I think the best way to figure out which things are actually important to implement.

The thing I need to figure out before anything else is what our workflow pattern is going to look like. It's useful for both the draft participants and the draft host to have access to cloudshifted decklists (as a host it's a necessity to hand out cards, as a participant it makes it easier to build your deck and to trade cards back at the end). So the question is, do the drafters cloudshift their own lists and then hand them over to the host?

I guess in an ideal world it would work like draft.wtf where one person hosts it and you get a time sensitive link for that draft that everyone hits. Participants dump their links in, get a list download out, host gets 8 downloads as they arrive, named after each participant, and then some tracking on the flipside for the host to verify that they got stuff back. But then again, I do have a full time job coding already... lol

If you have each person's decklist, MODO automatically displays a yellow warning triangle for any decklists that are incomplete. That's actually how I checked the inventory, just added my whole cube as a deck, and saw which cards were missing.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I don't have either of them (after the fiasco of last night I was expecting I would).
I have a foil VMA brainstorm but I am guessing that isn't yours. Plus you probably wouldn't want it considering it is a different version to all your other ones :p

Okay, James had one Birthing Pod, but we are still missing one.

The cube was short a pod at the start of the draft I did, was that the first one? I drafted the last one, and it wasn't there when I went to take it. Pointed it out in the chat and someone offered one, but I just decided to not run it.
So I believe it just never existed. I'll check my account though to make absolutely sure.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Can any of you that have drafted / grid drafted check your collections for cards? We are missing (at least) a Nev's Disk and Flooded Stand.

Also, Chris (MTGO), I think you still need to trade your deck back in.

Ugh, I swore I traded Aston last night, but it's still staring at me in the active binder. My apologies. Anyone available to pick it up today?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

Can people confirm they don't have these cards? They might have been gone for a while, so if you ever drafted the MODO cube, please give it a check.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
The MODO cube is complete again. I can't remember who it was, but somebody (whoever is CubeDruid on MODO) said they loaned up their own Nev Disk. This appears to not be the case:

Nevinnyral's Disk
12/5/2015 -1 Traded away to ChrisKool
12/5/2015 1 Acquired in trade FROM ChrisKool
1/1/2016 -1 Traded away to CubeDruid
1/11/2016 1 Acquired in trade FROM CubeDruid
In any case, we have all the contents, and we learned that we can use WOTC to track these things down. I trust all you guys, and I know bookkeeping is a hassle and it's easy to make mistakes. We're all set for the next draft!