Site News CFB Store Credit Contest: Design a Cube Card

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Album of the submissions:
http://imgur.com/a/vrpkP

The last 6 entries were only listed in the thread, but, I think we'll be discussing them all. It's 17 submissions, and I'd like to keep the broadcast to ~1 hour, so we may have to go quickly in our analysis of some of these. Apologies in advance!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot to say, we are going live in 1.5 hours with the broadcast (3 PM EST). Sorry for the late announcement.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
So for reference, here's Lucas' proposed submission which would supposedly flatten the competition.

{1}{W}
Instant
Put a 2/2 white Knight creature token with vigilance onto the battlefield
Cycling {2}
Flashback {2}{W}

Grade: C+

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I tuned in for a little bit in the middle, and I have to say: Chris, you have a great speaking / podcasting / streaming voice! (Assuming that was Chris.) You need to do more of these!

Thanks! Glad you liked it, though I definitely need to say "Like" less :p

Re: Luxozoa

The first time around I couldn't locate the artist's name, but I dug a bit deeper, and his name is Pedro Cerveira. I'll add the credit when I post the updated version of the card.

Agreed about the lack of flavor text. I knew it didn't look great, but I was lazy at the time. I'll find something on the next pass.

Fun to watch. You guys should do this more often!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Re: Luxozoa

The first time around I couldn't locate the artist's name, but I dug a bit deeper, and his name is Pedro Cerveira. I'll add the credit when I post the updated version of the card.

Agreed about the lack of flavor text. I knew it didn't look great, but I was lazy at the time. I'll find something on the next pass.

Fun to watch. You guys should do this more often!

I love the idea but It'd have to be about something else. The second best card I've got waiting in the wings is far lower, and the 3rd is barely interesting at all

I didn't see anything about not being able to use previous designs, so I'm going to apply with a card I made for the Build-your-Own Draft that I participated.

It is a powerful card by itself (I think it is better than, but very comparable to Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit). Slightly hard to cast, depending on the mana base, but useful for aggro and mid-range. Provides fuel for sacrifice engines, is good with recursion engines, goes well with Deranged Hermit (all-around cube staple :D), and will lighten up the mood whenever is cast.
King%20Squirrel.jpg

I actually came up with this by googling squire and seeing squirrel in the related searches, so that's why it makes squirrels.

Alright, first update of Luxozoa. Still too lazy to find good flavor text. Tell me what you think.

chozSq0.jpg

Chris & Jason, how would you grade the following card?

besLiRV.jpg