COMPLETE Custom Sets that are cool.

There are many custom sets on the internet. Most of them are not complete. Of the ones that get completed, some of them are stupid.

If you know of cool complete custom sets, post something about them. If you've drafted it, that's even better! (Sometimes things look good but draft poorly, and vice versa.) Give us a teaser that isn't the whole goddamn visual spoiler, and maybe also link us to the goddamn visual spoiler just in case we're bored interested enough to check out the full set.

As always, I'll start.

I just finished drafting this semi-beautiful, semi-janky deck. I'll post later how my games go. It's from the set Dreamscape. Yep!
Vital%20Rest.jpg
Warflame%20Aspirant.jpg
Daylights%20Emissary.jpg
Serene%20Dreamhunter.jpg
Blinding%20Finesse.jpg
UPDATE:

This deck really ended up flooping my opponent's pig. They were durdling about as UBr. The draw 3 premonition helped them out, but hit the board too late to save them. My two best combat tricks (A) (B) made me win trades that my opponent was not expecting... as a UB player, they did not seem to have the counterspells that they needed in order to turn my tables that I had just turned back around... into my face. As far as I can tell from their decklist, they drafted poorly, but it's possible that the draft just never offered them enough counterspells or other disruptive instants.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Seems like a cool set. From reading the one 'trance' card you had, I had no idea what the ability word actually cared about. So it seems they played into the 'Tapped creatures are dreaming' that they tried to convey in Born of the Gods with Inspired. At least they did a hell of alot better than Wizards did (Courser was the only good thing to come from that set, even that is debatable).

Speaking of completed custom sets, has anyone tried the Booze cube? How does it compare to Riptide standards (does that even matter with copious amounts of alcohol)?

'Nother set that I got to draft. Esparand!

The other set, Dreamscape, is still in testing. Esparand already has been through testing a few times; the author is pretty much done with it and working on other projects. It shows, too - the set players VERY smoothly, with precious few duds or bombs relative to other sets I've been drafting, including WotC sets.

Here's a few cards that did a lot of work for me in this draft:
Tomb%20Robber.png
Outland%20Hellion.png
Dryads%20Blessing.png
Bloodfeather%20Harpy.png
Seal%20with%20Branches.png
Fist%20of%20Mayeli.png
Here's my full draft pool: (linky)

And here's the full set info + visual spoiler: (linky)

From reading the one 'trance' card you had, I had no idea what the ability word actually cared about. So it seems they played into the 'Tapped creatures are dreaming' that they tried to convey in Born of the Gods with Inspired.

Yeah, trance is on "for each tapped creature you control" cards.

(Alcohol has ruined the lives of several folks close to me; I find it impossible to be glib about alcohol or entertained by talking about copious amounts of it. I'm not mad, cuz you didn't know, I just can't really interface with stuff like that.)

100EYVj.png

I've always loved the idea of custom sets and what they entail, but I can never get around to actually playing with them. Having a certain familiarity with a set/cube is what makes the drafts/deckbuilding so interesting to me. Having direction is key. I wouldn't mind a few custom cards here and there, like maybe 20 tops in a cube, but a whole set is just SO MUCH to remember.

I do really like seeing the new card designs that people come up with. Like, Epitaph looks like a pretty cool mechanic even if it's a little wtf at first. I had to read it like 3 times to understand.

It's a first release and kinda bomb-heavy, but this Star Wars cube is pretty cool. It's a tri-colour set with a couple of choice reprints and a high power level (some of the customs obnoxiously so imo but ymmv and if it's story-based maybe that's okay?)

Some cards:
p9N2DpD.png
lWhSyLT.png
dvxXJFj.png
l4D2Vsk.png

oMMlS46.png
dA3t5lZ.png
ODIX743.png
GHsZLWI.png

WNAfKrD.png
K6qa62U.png
q70npGj.png