Article CubeTutor Champion Contest

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Deffs yes!
I mean that's a lot of writing, so I'd totally be down for it to be a 2 parter, but why certain entries didn't get picked can be more enlightening than why the winner won

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
er...I already started toying with the list I submited because its 352 rather than 360, but you can have at it I suppose.

I would rather have a discussion of the lists rather than critiques. I have a few opinions I would like to solicite to make the cube better, and there is a lot of potentially good discussion ground to cover (e.g. blacksmith's squadron cube idea).

Aoret

Developer
Not sure about critiques of all the other entries yet though. Is that something people would be interested in?

Yes, but if I were you I think I'd kill myself before having to write that much. If you're willing to fall on the sword though... by all means review them!

also, @Grillo, yeah as soon as I hit "send" last night I remembered a bunch of swaps that I'd left out of my submission D: I knew I would too... I sat there rereading it over and over like "I'm sure I'm forgetting like seven ideas I had at lunch..."

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I was just going for comments on them. You know, stuff you like, stuff you didn't like, etc.
I think if we want card by card analysis of the whole thing we'd post the list ourselves :p

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
My personal preference as to what I would like to see to tie the competition to an end.
  • List of all submitted cubetutor links along with entrants name
  • Winner with blurb on why it won
Then we can just discuss in the forum why we feel each of the other entrants didn't get there. I would like there to be a 1-2 sentence comment (or maybe just dot points) for each entrant as Chris has said, but then the competition may not resolve in a timely matter. Plus, we can always pressure JWadds later for critiques on why he didn't like certain things in the forum :p
I want to personally see how much %age of cards overlap between cubes to acclimatise to Mr. Waddells tastes.