General Custom Cards: The Lab

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Effectively turns into an ABU dual with a fetch :)

Funny thing is I would never come up with this design myself, since I'm always looking for duals that favor aggro decks over midrange and control decks. Looks like an interesting design nonetheless, though it might be too easy to get one card in the graveyard?

might want to play around with the amount of cards exiled, but seems like a sweet land, especially for GY formats where exiling some number of cards can actually be an interesting/meaningful decision

I get the feeling exile 2 would make it too weak for my environment, but not sure. I kind of like that it works so well with fetches, because fetch + shock hurts. But I also like my double fetch double shock (you start at 15-17 life) environment

It 100 % has to either exile exactly 1 card from the GY or not even exist. When you play the game of Dual Lands, there is no middle ground, you win or you die.

Sweet design. You could cycle it up 10 times.

I guess it would be slightly better in aggro decks that contron decks if the exiled card had to be a creature. That would be reasonable, but still much weaker

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Requiring exiling a creature honestly seems like a bad idea. If you want your dual to be aggro friendly, it has to enter the battlefield untapped in turn one. Yes, aggro decks are more likely to get a creature into the graveyard early in the game, but not on turn one. It's just as miserable for control and combo, as they are likely to either never have a target (at the stage of the game in which you need this to etb untapped) or want to be able to regrow that target. You could playtest it with its current wording, just know that these lands benefit slower decks. Not only because it's easier to get a Brainstorm or Thoughtseize into the graveyard as fuel than a creature, but also because this means those deck will "start", on average, at a higher life total (compared to fetch + shock), which is obviously detrimental to aggro decks.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Ha! Found a design I'm happy with!

Roaring Chlorodon.jpg

This has been good as a r/g ramp target, a sweeper, and an enrage enabler. Love it so far in testing! Maybe 3 damage is a bit too much, but the play is there :)

I feel like it is way too powerful and a little bit clumpsy but if you think of your players as ‘experts’ then you do not have to care about complexity. Thumbs up! Maybe it should be sleightly nerfed (0-2 damage OR maybe also damage himself)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I don't understand how that card even works. Was it a mistake to have it be a sorcery rather than a creature?
Well, it deals an amount of damage to you and each other creature whenever it takes damage itself. You can choose the amount as long as it's not less than 0 and not more than 3. Don't know how you would want to make this a sorcery, as I was looking for a card with enrage in {R/G}?

Edit: Ah! I see I made a typo, lol :)

Edit 2: There, this should make more sense. I was seriously puzzled because I completely missed that I made a typo! :D

Edit 3: I had just had a situation where this cleared a Neheb, the Eternal because of the 3 damage ceiling. That feels a bit rough, so I might test it at 2 damage and see if it still plays. I also had a very satisfying board where I was able to use Incendiary Flow on my opponent's Genesis, then Pit Fight targeting my Roaring Chlorodon and opponent's Rampaging Ferocidon, then choosing the 1 damage option while I had a Frilled Deathspitter in play as well. That was a great sequence! I then forgot that the Chlorodon also damaged me, thinking myself safe at 7 versus his (tapped on my turn) Combustible Gearhulk, which killed me exactly :D Oops!

Dryad Arbor:

Can’t produce mana the turn it enters the battlefield.
Can only tap for one color of mana.
Only has one land type.

I do not believe this land, in any format, could see print by WotC. However it might be fine in your custom format :)

Which functions would it serve in your cube?

Can you tell me why you want to give it haste (not very Azorius)?

Yeah I know wizards isn't gonna print it. But its also probably not as good as a shock land. (losing your T1 land to Lightning Bolt/Fatal Push would SUCK.)

Yeah its probably the wrong colors for haste. Needs haste because etb tapped duals suck. Dryad arbor is in my utility land draft because of Green Sun's Zenith, mostly, plus its fetchable Pod fodder. This would be tested in the main cube.

I will probably run a RB version if I do try it. Creature sac colors, and haste is okay there.
Lavaflow Elemental.jpg
This is not the right art, anyone got anything?

Also, another card that obviously isn't printable. I wanted to try an unconditional wish at 2 mana, but couldn't pick colors, so I'm gonna try this:
Sudden Wish.jpg
Dang it needs to say nonland pretty badly I guess huh? lol...

Dear Ondezeeboot

Where can i find your Amonkhet cycle dual lands customized?

I am about to full cycle them up to 10 lands and was looking for your artworks/names for inspiration.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I can put the {U/R} and {W/B} ones up tonight. I don't have proxies for the other three because I don't support those color pairs in my cube. If you just need inspiration you can visit my CubeTutor page from the link in my sig.