General Fight Club

I like Feat of Resistance and Valorous Stance a lot, myself. Feat of Resistance feeds +1/+1 counter synergies and makes your threat-you-wanted-to-protect even more threatening, whereas Valorous Stance's removal mode hits precisely the creatures a low-to-the-ground aggro deck is going to have trouble with: big-toughness blockers. The 1-mana protection spells always ended up being a little too efficient for my tastes; in my experience, these effects often play out like counterspells a bit more often than they are used strictly as evasion/to win creature combat math, with Emerge Unscathed especially leaving a sour taste in player's mouths, often eating a removal spell and then supplying evasion the next turn to add insult to injury. I suppose a more powerful format that's having trouble fitting these effects in might want that raw efficiency, but I haven't needed it at all in my format, where the {W}{G} decks are frighteningly resilient with my current suite of Feat, Stance, Shelter, Mother of Runes, Vines of Vastwood, Blossoming Defense, and Become Immense.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
I feel like a big component of white aggro's identity is prowess or spell triggers ran in conjunction with instant speed protection effects or aggro friendly removal, the other portion being artifacts.

I've been very happy with shelter, feat, and apostle's blessing. Blessing shouldn't really be thought as a white card, however, since it also serves to fill disruption gaps in every other aggro deck, and thats the big reason to run it. Feat is nice because white usually has some minor counters sub-theme or vertical growth on DS creatures, and its a nice overlay. Shelter is also good because it helps those decks dig, which is an effect they want.

Here is another really good card for those decks

vs vs

Digging deep vs high flexibility vs grave-filler. I really don't know which I prefer.

vs

Punishing overextension vs removing planeswalkers and an utility land. What if one doesn't have Boros Reckoner in their cube?

vs

I hate double b, but nonlegendary now means that you can't choose planeswalkers. Maybe I'll go with Psychotic Episode, love the concept.

vs

Go wide, go big, go home? Experiences?

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Strategic planning actually fills a niche, so I like it best. Impulse is definitely the best card of the three if you want to support that kind of deck (where you have non-committal things to do when the mana you are holding open for countermagic doesn't get used).

Star of Extinction. Sweepers and planeswalkers together create a lot of weird incentives I don't like and having the sweeper kill planeswalkers is an elegant solution.

No opinion, I'm pretty sour on "pick a card" discard these days.

I like Anafenza more because its escalation is not dependent on being able to get it and it helps you get in by making your dudes bigger. However, the more your environment trends towards relying on removal (particularly sweepers) rather then blockers, the worse she gets and Precinct Captain's ability to be a viable solo threat becomes more valuable.

And for your information: You simply CANNOT go with the flavor text

“Bolas remade this place in his image. He has the advantage here. We must approach carefully."
—Jace Beleren”

You will have to go with the old Portal/Commander 2013 art and flavor.

vs.

Having a lot of humans and some incidental lifegain in my cube. My concerns are that Overseer is weak without humans while the horse possibly spits out an indestructible 5/5 threat every turn which could be a bit too strong. But I want a white 5-drop that is somewhat rewarding. It should be on the powerlevel of Goblin Dark-Dwellers and Kessig Cagebreakers. I don't know if Bishop of Rebirth is a little too weak to meet that condition?

For a 5 drop that goes well with incidental life gain, I still think you can’t beat

I think she’s a perfect power level. She’s good on her own, amazing with support, but not so overwhelming that she can’t be answered by a Doom Blade. Plus, she has my favorite angel art in the game (that’s not Quentin Hoover’s Archangel).

Yeah, I don't know why, but it seems that in my mind I put her into the category 'too swingy' because of constructed experience. In cube, she seems to be about perfect in power level. I'll try her out. :)

vs.

Having my hard removal being conditional may open up the way for some green ones.
I think I'd prefer Nature's Way because of its lower mana cost, as this kind of effect still is very conditional.

I could interpret that as a good sign or a bad sign, depending on if that means Nature's Way is just worse than I thought, or if I underestimated Clear Shot. The problem I personally have with Clear Shot is that other cc3 removal seems to (clearly) outclass it as it's not as conditional. Are there any better alternatives?

In green? Creature removal is bad (almost nonexistent). If you power level is high enough to where a 3/3 elephant token doesn't swing games, then the best option out there by far IMO is Beast Within. At lower power levels though, this card's drawback is too high. So YMMV depending on where your cube power level falls.

I think Clear Shot is very good in a lower powered midrange cube. It was first pickable in SOI draft.