General Fight Club

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, I think you're underestimating Clear Shot. One colorless is a small price to pay for making Epic Confrontation instant speed and one-sided! If you really want a two mana option, I would go with one of these two.

But Clear Shot is better than both in my experience.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I found this Tezz just a bit too much in my cube when it worked, and not good enough when it didn't. I think Daretti is better, simply because it's cheaper? I don't know though, never played with it. I actually like (in my cube, which looks comparable):

Agent of Bolas is super powerful with a lot of artifacts but pretty weak if you don't have many.

I've been meaning to test Daretti. Its benefits from artifacts but its more consistently strong, probably not as busted as Agent though. I like the second two abilities but I'm a little suspicious of a 3 mana walker that makes a token every turn.

Daretti is bonkers but answerable. Very fun, works in environments where 'the artifact deck' isn't chock full of brown borders.

Dom kicked my ass with a Daretti / trading post goodstuff deck the other day. T3 make a token t4 "do nothing", but the staggershock murder is really good if you're 'taking t4 off'.

For you, you don't have any Artifact reanimation, so this decision is about ramp and control. You only have Ral Zalek for Untap so that isn't massively relevant. If blue green is a control archetype then you might want the removal of staff of nin. If your control decks always have planeswalkers (you have a decent density) then you might want to avoid immortal sun. If you have ramp token/control decks then sun is probably better.

I guess the answer is it depends on what you think fits your environment better?

vs

Graveyard focused clone fight!

I think these cards serve fundamentally different purposes. Vizier of Many Faces is just Clone with Embalm. Body Double is more of a reanimation spell than a true clone. In my mind it becomes a question of do you want a Clone that you can cast again (or for the first time) from your graveyard or a colorshifted Zombify?

I agree with Alfonzo's answer.

Dom Harvey

Contributor

Does anyone have experience with either of these? I loved Flamespeaker the moment I saw it but it's underperformed even in the Berserkers decks where it should be great; I'll try it again to be sure. I've seen Occultist in a few lists where it always looked out of place but if I'm pushing this discard aggro stuff in red it might deserve a look

Occultist is a thematically solid bro. Not great by any stretch of the imagination, but one of the better hardcast madness creatures available. I’d be running sin prodder if I wasn’t concerned about theme.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yes it does. Surprisingly it's not one of the four you already mentioned.

This guy's a beast! Erm... Builds a beast! Seriously though, the free beast each turn is much better than Gideon's ally, and he does card advantage as well!

My first comment is that the strength of god-pharaoh's gift readily becomes apparent looking at this fight club.

I'd say Enduring Renewal is the neatest build-around?

Séance seems bad, still.

An alternative to this sort of effect is something like

{W}{U}/x decks in my cube are usually Skies, Control or Blink, or sometimes hybrids between these archetypes. How would you guys rank the following multicolored 5-drops for such a cube?

For further investigations, there would be a link in my sig :D

I've said before that migratory route is my favourite azorius card, and it will work here for you in both your skies and control archetypes, so would definately be my choice.

We had a bit argument before about cloudblazer, whether it was to dull/bland or whatever, but I think it's entirely personal opinion. Certainly a powerful card that people will be interested in playing.

Isperia is cool and all, but it's very narrow, so unless you really love it, avoid.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
What were your experiences with Isperia? It looks really interesting in your list as a spicy card, but than I saw you post about how she was a bit underwhelming and I was all :(