FlowerSunRain's Cube

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
vs

Which is the more useful enchantress trigger?

Regenerating Enchanted dudes seems strong, but that casting cost blows.

Ramp is good, but its awfully overcosted ramp. Recast cost is great, though.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
def Mana Bloom imo. I wouldn't want to play Broken Fall in my Voltron deck unless I had lots of Constellation triggers.

My vote is for mana bloom, it's more likely to be played and drafted in a wider variety of decks and is cheaper. Also has charge counters for ion storm.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Preliminary update done, some things that might need to be smoothed out:

1) Only one morph creature is awkward. Thinking exalted angel, would play Nantuko Vigilante, but reclamation sage sort of makes it look bad. Might work if it said ". . . enters the battlefield or. . .", but that's an ugly hack. Morph at {G} would make a damn strong card.
2) Enchant Density is down, but still well above 20% so its probably fine? Thoughtrender Lamia sucking (outside of replenish) isn't fine, not sure if it needs a buff, CC reduction or is untenable.
3) Doubling Pridemate and Grim Guardian is probably key, doubling Reverent Hunter and/or young pyro is possible, limiting one double per deck limits a couple of possibly interesting niches, but helpful for other reasons.
4) Mana curve seems decent still, but as always a couple more one drops wouldn't hurt.
5) Would like a black proliferate card, deciding which grim affliction variant to go with.
6) Sage of Fables says "blue" instead of "wizard", probably sucks
7) Thinking of going to the 2 mana Forgeborn Oreads.
8) Going to remove the "counts as vampire" errata and move ahead with the "zombie/vampire" transparency. Gravecrawler/Kalastria Higborn is the biggest worry here. Cemetery Reaper and Diregraf Captain are considerations here.
9) I kinda want G.Probe in.
10) Thinking about Nimbus Naiad, but it seems bad compared to herald of torment and my Cavern Lampad Revision, which now that I think about it is definitely overbuffed and needs to be downgraded/cut.
11) Interested in Ulvenwald Tracker (again) as the fight cards have been good and have funny synergy with the pinata cards. Wall of Essence and Mogg Maniac are probably too deep on this these, but possibilities.
12) Other cards in my thoughts: Mana Chains, Curse of Chains, Parallax Wave, Necromancy, Survival of the Fittest/Fauna Shaman, Basking Rootwalla.

BONUS THOUGHT!!!

Broken fall is funny with Pianatas, but for now I'm still with Mana Bloom

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Me and my dad were cubing. I mentioned I was using Zombie/Vampire transparency.

He said I should try doing the same with humans and elves.

If I did that, I could add Imperious Prefect and Priest of Titania.

Any other good cards that would work with it (other then the "big 3" humans I already run)?

Is it a terrible idea?

What tribe could be paired with goblins?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Me and my dad were cubing.

First off: Awesome. Give your dad a high five for me sometime :p

Elf/Human sounds sweet actually. Here's a few more ideas:

Elvish Vanguard likely needs a sharpie (-1 colorless), but a green champion of the parish could be a sweet anchor.
Imperious Perfect seems ligit here, and I think I prefer Elvish Archdruid to Priest of titania. Maybe there's room for both? Ezuri can provide some use for piles and piles of mana

Oddly enough, bonds of faith gets worse, given that now there's more random humans in other colors clogging it up :p

Wren's Run Vanquisher saw a long life in my cube (under the erratta "reveal a green creature") and was really really good.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I like the elvish vanguard suggestion! That card is 3 dollars?

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the Ajani Steadfast switch is the right one.

I dunno, I would leave Elvish Vanguard at {1}{G} - it does get +1/+1 counters from your opponent's creatures ETB as well, where as Champion of the Parish is yours alone. It would curve out nicely in a G/W deck and helps differentiate the 2. If it is still underpowered, I would look at changing it's base P/T over CC - maybe make it a 2/1 or something.

I'm loving the idea of cross type transparency. I dunno if it makes much difference, but how are you working it? Do effects that affect one type, affect the other as well, or do they count as both types?

I fully endorse human/elf transparency:

The zombie/vampire thing is sweet as well. I'm looking at wolf/beast transparency. I haven't come up with much so far unfortunately, but I haven't given up on it.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I dunno, I would leave Elvish Vanguard at {1}{G} - it does get +1/+1 counters from your opponent's creatures ETB as well, where as Champion of the Parish is yours alone. It would curve out nicely in a G/W deck and helps differentiate the 2. If it is still underpowered, I would look at changing it's base P/T over CC - maybe make it a 2/1 or something.

I'm loving the idea of cross type transparency. I dunno if it makes much difference, but how are you working it? Do effects that affect one type, affect the other as well, or do they count as both types?

I fully endorse human/elf transparency:

The zombie/vampire thing is sweet as well. I'm looking at wolf/beast transparency. I haven't come up with much so far unfortunately, but I haven't given up on it.

I don't have a particular wording. My players are spirit of the rule kinda of players, they understand the intention and don't question the technicalities.

I haven't made a decision on elvish vanguard, but I completely missed the fact that opponents trigger it.

Wolf/Beast seems fun, but I'm skill looking for a way to get goblins in. Master of the Hunt would get pretty insane with Baloths and such.

Pair goblins up with kavus.

Probably too powerful to mix goblins up with faeries?

Goblins and elementals could be interesting.

it is a way to get people inte izzet, if that is needed. and spellstutter sprite is suddenly a lot better. I would look a bit at the black lorwyn goblins too, that way you get it into black as well.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
The faerie incentive cards mostly blow.

You've got Peppersmoke, Mistbind Clique, Spellstutter Sprite and Scion of Oona.

Marsh Flitter has ultra synergy here, but that moves it out of being an izzet incentive. I guess that firmly puts the them into grixis.

If you lean on the goblin incentive cards, you get Goblin Recruiter, Goblin Chieftain, Goblin Grenade, Goblin Warchief, Goblin Ringleader, Goblin Matron, Goblin Piledriver, Mad Auntie, Goblin Warrens, Auntie's Snitch

Can this pile actually not be completely poisonous?

Maybe we can utilize the self bounce faeries in some way here?

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
When I think of cards that need to be better, Bitterblossom doesn't leap to mind.

I'm pretty sure this is a dead end. Goblins mainly have death triggers, which doesn't work well with Mistbound Clique, Faerie Imposter, etc. I don't think there is overlap to make this work elegantly.

I think elementals or shamans or something would work better with goblins, elementals are all colours, so that could be interesting.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Shamans could work, I'm running an errataed Rage Forger right now and like it a lot. Lots of vampires are shamans and green has good ones too.

I think when we were brainstorming goblins before we sort of wrote them off as being too linear/reliant on critical mass. That was probably the right call.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Probably Coming Out

Everflame Eidolon
Heliod
Small Pox

Adjustments

Elvish Lyrist (remove tap symbol)
Forgeborn Oreads (2 mana 1/1 version)

Coming In???

Obliette
Fire Imp or Gathan Raiders