General [M25]Masters 25

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Let's see...

I might pick up some cards for my cube that appeared in the new border for the first time, but it doesn't look like there's too much I'ld be interested in.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
I like some of the new art, and really like that they reprinted erg raiders, but at a glance, the set looks too predictable to me in the way it will play. Blue has a monopoly on negative variance reducers again, and promise of bunrei looks like a first pick format warping uncommon.

I'm going to pick up foils of Imperial Recruiter, Man-o'-War, Coalition Relic, Ash Barrens and Mishra's Factory. Just going to be singles for me, cannot justify dropping $30+ to draft such a lottery set. For a set supposedly celebrating 25 years of Magic, they really dropped the fucking ball here.

For cube probably just Imperial Recruiter and Ash Barrens if I get a chance. It's probably worth getting a bunch of Ash Barrens actually.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Yeah, I want to try Ash Barrens as the main source of fixing and I've always wanted to play Recruiter so both are welcome

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I'm surprised Ash Barrens got so expensive. I picked up, like, twenty? They were dirt cheap when that commander set first went on presale.

Ash Barrens' current price can be attributed to hype for paper pauper events, but it was already a couple bucks even before that. Unfortunately Wizards couldn't even be arsed to print it as a common in A25, though.

I'm having a hard time finding things I like about this set. At least I'll be getting some good new artwork on Unearth and Undead Gladiator