Sets (MH3) Modern Horizons 3 Previews

I just took it out for Sicarian Infiltrator in my OTJ update :(
How's that been playing so far? I've been eyeing it.

I think they're still trying to dial in the best version of Hexproof. Ward is cool but it's really clunky and it becomes basically Hexproof once you go more than 3 on it. These 'limited' hexproof clauses seem to be where they are going, for better or worse. I do not like green eggs and ham wordy cards either!
I feel like the best approach is to have non-mana ward costs, which is a space that they haven't really explored much. Out of the 146 cards that have or grant Ward, there are nine cards that have a Ward cost that isn't mana or life. There are four cards with "Ward — Discard a card", two with "Ward — Sacrifice a creature", Saruman of Many Colors and Sauron, the Dark Lord (which are both just variations on the previous two), and Axebane Feroth.

Or, alternatively... we could have more temporary hexproof? I dunno.

Transcribing this guy from one of the Commander decks because I'm feeling too lazy to mess with the picture:

Razorfield Ripper - {2}{W}
Artifact Creature — Equipment Rhino
Whenever ~ or the equipped creature attacks, you get {E}, then it gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the amount of {E} you have.
Reconfigure — Pay {2} or {E}{E}{E}
2/2

This is like a 7 foot tall man and a 6'6" tall woman having a 4'11" son.

Hah yeah

I am not sure how lore accurate these Modern Horizons sets are. Maybe they’re suppose to be lore accurate but not have an actual story that goes from A, to B, to C and to D. The Eldrazi aren’t dead. They are just defeated and decided to leave. So this is (probably) just a combination of those two.

Also we have new legendary Eldrazi Titans in this set finally confirming that there exists more than just the three.

How's that been playing so far? I've been eyeing it.

Sicarian Infiltrator was a champ!

Being able to flash it in as a blocker for 3 mana was great - I'd rather have that as the low-end than a Divination.

I played it twice in my artifact deck at 5 mana: once I flashed it in to trade one with an attacking Bob and the other time to draw an answer when they played a bigger creature than the Lightning Bolt I was holding up could deal with. I was playing UR artifacts, and it had additional synergies, but it never lined up for a big turn with my Tolarian Academy as I had hoped.

All in all, I loved it. Much more flexible than Mulldrifter, even if it felt absolutely awful taking it out of its sleeve. I'm OK keeping stuff in for emotional reasons, but I think gameplay wise, this is much more interesting and powerful.