New Rotisserie-Esque format

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Eric was mentioning that we might develop a new format with a time mechanic.

We discussed more in skype and here seem to be the basic ideas:
- each cell unlocks at a pre-set time (no need to notify or any of that jazz)
- if picks haven't been taken before your cell unlocks, just pick what you want, and the other person can fill out their picks later

- 4v4. Two teams drafting four decks each. More collaboration involved, and your teammates can fill in your pick if you notify them beforehand
- Hate-drafting! A natural repercussion of a team format is increased hate drafting. But you don't share cards between teammates, so you still have to be careful about when and who you hatedraft with.
- Subforums! Each team would get a private subforum here on RipLab, with a shared main forum/thread for trash talk and general updates. Strategize and scheme privately, then gloat publicly or what have you. I would ghost in each and pull prized but non-revealing quotes for the spectators.

- Card pool: something like 7-block extended?

Any other ideas?

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I take no credit for this idea - it was 100% yours! I was just saying that it should be a separate format from rotisserie, because some of your time-based mechanics seem pretty cool, and distinct enough from rotisserie - which is a purely turn-based game - that it should be its own thing.

Really like the notion of having teams and sharing picks with your team, so that someone on your side can nab cards for you when you're away, and vice-versa.