General Non-Homogenous Mana Fixing Options

Has anyone used different fixing options for each of the color pairs, rather than repeating the same type of land for each color pair. Rather giving all color pairs their Revised Dual Land, tailoring the color fixing to each color pair theme. For example:
for G/W with a graveyard land recursion theme, also to play with Green's focus on fetching basic lands.
for R/G, to make tempo come at a cost, or possibly , for Orzhov when the theme is life as a resource.
for U/W and an artifact theme, or for U/W control decks.
There are probably some concerns if this route were pursued, such as ensuring that each color pair's fixing was still adequate and that given an up-tick in the number of ETB tapped lands would likely slow down the pace of play. But this seems like an interesting way to let the various themes for a given color pair be reinforced by the fixing that is available.
Thoughts? Terrible idea? Worth pursuing?

Definitely worth pursuing. I use individual lands from a multitude of cycles where they fit best, including a couple bouncelands in blue, Horizon Canopy in GW, etc. Dom did a pretty in-depth review of what lands he'd want in his environment, focusing on each colors archetypal needs rather than symmetry. That's basically what you'd want to do, I'd say.

Yeah I have 10 Guild pairs (well duuuh. I wanted to test fewer Guilds like Ondezeeboot bur my community didn’t want it.) and they all have somewhat the same fixing but not quite. They differ with at least two lands each.

The way I see this there is absolutely no downside except for our ADHD minds who wants symmetric boxes of exactly the same number of similiar cards :p I personally did this for the variaty and to play into each color’s strengths and I am loving it.