Card/Deck [SCD] Molten Birth

Thoughts on this card? Not for tighter / powered cubes, but it's kinda like a mono colored Lingering Souls on average...except that they dont fly...and the flashback is more expensive...but sometimes it has flashbackback ...back ...back! :D

It is obviously very cube dependent, but there's a lot of synergy to be had with stuff like Goblin Bombardment, Hellrider, Goblin Bushwhacker, Young Pyromancer, Guttersnipe, and other token and sacrifice stuff from other colors.

I'm just idealizing here right? (Convince me otherwise please? :D)

CML

Contributor
4 little dudes on average awwww yeah. i'm not sure it's worth it (since you're also spending 2RRRR on average over the course of two turns), though Spectral Procession is the definition of color-intensive and most people that aren't me find room for it in their cubes.

i found this card to be pretty decent in token decks (f opposition, they can cast spells, they just can't do anything with them):

207.jpg

Yes! I really love Glare of Subdual...but often it went near last in my group, so taking it out was just to make the cube better for my group (instead of better objectively). Since I'm moving soon, I'll consider putting it back in when I find a new group. I've also increased the token density in my cube since I pulled it, so hopefully there's more incentive to play it now.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I think part of the problem is that it's just such a slow card. Like CML says, spending 2-turns and 6-mana on 4 non-evasive guys is pretty suboptimal. But hey, try it out, maybe it plays better than I think.

Lol is anyone cubing tradewind rider?
Man my memories of multiplayer formats always either involve a seedborn muse or a terravore.

Glare is a card that drove me insane in standard. I'm like really not amazing in complex board states and greater good + yosei + glare + jitte decks could almost always outplay me until they got their thing that I just lost to.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I cube tradewind rider. It doesn't make me want to run molten birth. I think its all Mogg War Marshal's fault, he just does that basic job better.

I push GW tokens massively, and Glare kept on going last in my cube, even. I had to cut it even though I love the card...

It's hard to imagine a Cube where Glare ought to go dead last
but it's utterly insane :(

We agree with you!!!!
Our play groups don't :(((((((((((((((((((((((((

I cube tradewind rider. It doesn't make me want to run molten birth. I think its all Mogg War Marshal's fault, he just does that basic job better.

Agreed. Mogg War Marshall is awesome... this provides multiple body redundancy in red though, if that's what you're looking for. Being a spell is also a slightly different effect, which can be desirable.

How is Tradewind Rider for you (what size cube, what theme support)? I'm constantly on and off about including it. :confused:

CML

Contributor
MWM is Legacy's finest chump-blocker. I call him "the Red Spectral Procession"

Tradewind Rider is worth trying, I think, I don't run him and think he wouldn't fit well in mine, but who knows about yours until you try? Cubes are sensitive things