The Book Thread

Just finished Forever war and downloading ringworld books now. Anyone wana give me some hot tips while I'm still in waiting?

I'm about halfway through book one of the Malazan series and I'm almost completely lost, but my understanding is that I'm not supposed to know what's going on, so...

I'm about halfway through book one of the Malazan series and I'm almost completely lost, but my understanding is that I'm not supposed to know what's going on, so...
I sorta regrettably listened to 9 of those while I was working one summer. Those are the fantasy novels you can't even talk to fantasy readers about. They aren't that horrible tired high fantasy voice but it was still pretty drawn out and inaccessible, and rarely did it touch on ideas that had any transferable value!

Some of the characters are kinda cool though, and it does a good job of making you sad.

Ringworld is way more fun than the successors but it's not like the finest 3 aren't fun

Foundation is way more fun than I thought but really disturbed me with how few feminine characters and perspectives there were. I guess it was written in the 50s when television was even an uncertain thing.

Ringworld was really fun, going further in the series might erode your patience.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Any history buffs here? I'm considering another read-through of Robert Caro's The Years of Lyndon Johnson, which is a true historical epic and probably the best non-fiction I've ever read.