the reflecting pool

http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/11849

so, i thought, what if instead of 20 fetch 20 shock we started with vivid-reflecting pool. so i ended up here.

i need to add ktk cards and cut some stuff like temporal spring and the monocolored walkers that goes against the feel of the cube

i'll also be probably giving aggro some toys soon

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Any consideration of running more of those and fewer reflecting pools?

It might make people feel "punished" for playing their vivid lands. Maybe there's so many you basically can't avoid it?

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but whenever I fix my opponent's mana for them I feel a bit miffed

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Yeah, I remember back in Lorwyn / Shards Standard, it was always an awful feeling to enable your opponent's Exotic Orchard because you had the gall to run a couple Vivids. The card is a little too swingy for my tastes - sometimes it's just a basic Plains when your opponent is hitting you in the face with little white men, and other times it's a full-on Utopia while your opponent is sitting around doing nothing.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Yeah, I remember back in Lorwyn / Shards Standard, it was always an awful feeling to enable your opponent's Exotic Orchard because you had the gall to run a couple Vivids. The card is a little too swingy for my tastes - sometimes it's just a basic Plains when your opponent is hitting you in the face with little white men, and other times it's a full-on Utopia while your opponent is sitting around doing nothing.

this being a cube however, perhaps it's a plains way less often?

also, if both players control an exotic orchard and one player has a vivid, are they both utopias?

No complaints so far. I agree theyre awkward but people will put up w awkward as long as there is an idea behind it that they can enjoy

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
If I had a bunch of limited-use 5-color lands, I would want cards with cool off-color activated abilities.