Toronto People!

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Do you know about a store called Snakes and Lattes? The reason I ask is that they apparently have a game expansion in stock that I can't find anywhere else. Are they reliable? They want friggin $25 to ship to the US, so I wanted to be sure.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I.. didn't even realize Snakes and Lattes sold and shipped board games online (!). They were always known here as That Sweet Downtown Boardgame Cafe.

Calling Lucas and Chris!

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Formula D Expansion 2. Some dude in Korea wants $65 plus a godawful amount of shipping and says it "Might take a month" to get to me, so this store seemed significantly better, even though they also want a lot for shipping.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Snakes and Lattes is the best fuckin store ever, right near a few of my buddies houses. We go there all the time, they're a totally ligit source of board games, chill people, amazing staff.

They are Canada's Sole provider of Cards Against Humanity IIRC, so they do have the buisness side figured out. I'd do it if you can't find the game locally

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Ok, I ordered it and was extra happy once I realized they were priced in Canadian Dollars because it was a few bucks cheaper than I thought it would be making it less then half of what Korean Dude wanted.

Now, watch it be reprinted next month.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I haven't read anything about the mayor in the news in two whole days. That's a new record!

I used to be one of those apathetic young people who couldn't be bothered to vote, and one thing the mayor did was to get me off my lazy butt and vote during the last municipal election in 2010 (on the Anyone But Him strategy). Once I realized how dang easy and fast it was, I've voted in every election since. So there's that.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
So the mayor of Brugges is a bastard too? :p
Dang I had this rose tinted view of (non greece) europe! YOU BASTARDS! YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I live in Antwerp. You were here. I hope you were using sarcasm.

Yeah I was just trolling. Yesterday I asked 4chan something like "Which men in black movie is it with that weird woman who can change shape she's like a liquid or something and is like blub blub lub"
the only reply I got was "terminator 3"
I wanted to know cuz I'm using imdb and trying to find out how many films I've seen. I'm on 483 but I feel like I'm missing another 50 or 100.

Many have bought their dumb cards against apples to apples expansions from them. Seems alright. I like that they are from Montreal and I like that they expanded in response to customer feedback. I don't like the date / ultimate quaintness atmosphere they cultivate but reasonable enough people work there and I have not had much to complain about in their conduct.

I propose that we as torontonians begin making use of our relative close proximity to start up some riptide lab flavored crap. I've met at least a couple more markhamites on salvation who are down to try other people's cubes and I know a number of old cubers who would probz be down for a rotating league or some odd.

Oh man are we talking about the party mayor now? Most relatable politician we've had in ages. You just know that guy is in over his head.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
The fastest way for me to lose respect for an entire room full of people is by playing Cards Against Humanity with them.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Well, the turn around time seemed slow as in they didn't ship it until 6 days after I ordered it, but on the other hand we had a holiday Monday and mail didn't make it to my house yesterday (snowstorm), so it probably would have arrived Monday.

All in all, I'm happy because they got me a very hard to find expansion for a reasonable price in a reasonable amount of time.