General Unstable Spoiler Unthread

Swords of Dungeons & Dragons got spoiled and I want to cube it so hard. If all of Unstable is like this, I might need to build an Unstable cube. Also, two other Hasbro cards. Nerf War is tempting but not sure if too good or too bad.

wehxty6da39zndacg9th.png

Looks pretty cool, how many creatures are clerics/rogues?

Also, the TMs in a magic card...so weird, but kinda cool.

Sword of D&D is pretty sweet. the triggered ability is really dang strong. Any equipment that gives the controller a fresh body to equip is a decent equipment at worst. I initially liked that the protection is basically trinket text, but that make it even more feel-bad if the opponent finds themselves randomly with the wrong type of defender (like the Crucible Creature or Bygone Bishop, for instance).

The Transformers card is cool, it's even an "Autobot"

I don't know if it's really that much of a feel-bad, more like 'it feels bad to suck and not have an answer for this creature that now has specific class protection but not color protection'

maybe, but the difference between this and, say, Baneslayer Angel is there may not be a turn to react if you just plop it down and equip in the same turn. Especially when hitting with this puts you in a very good board position (and makes it increasingly difficult to deal with).

Probably corner-case enough to not worry about it, but I'm sure some people here will want to take it into consideration

Probably corner-case enough to not worry about it, but I'm sure some people here will want to take it into consideration

I think this is what it comes down to. Yeah, there might be games where you realize your Ramunap Excavator is a cleric and you mutter, god damn it, but for the most part I imagine it'll feel more like your fault for not being prepared (or just how it goes if its a game where you exhaust resources) vs the accidental wins a two-color sword provides.

I thought these were just Promo cards for the Hasbro convention, not cards from Unstable.

Edit: Sword of D&D is in Unstable but not the other two, thankfully.

I like Sword of Dungeons and Dragons. The protection clause is funny and is in a sweet spot where it's not too relevant so no decks will be shut down by it, but one day will get a good laugh out of people when they realize Mother of Runes cannot give it protection.

Making a dragon when the creature connect IS pretty strong, but there are various way to avoid being hit - kill the creature, kill the artifact, block. I liked the play pattern that Sword of Light and Shadow had in my cube when its protections were irrelevant - what felt cheap was the protection part, and not the trigger.

Oh, and it makes GOLD dragons? So are we finally getting the 6th color?

Sword of D&D is basically a cheaper, stronger Moonsilver Spear, which I cut a while ago because it didn't do enough for its cost. I would give Sword of D&D a shot for sure if I decide how to handle a "gold" token.

My cube has 13 rogues/clerics -- 3 white, 4 blue, 4 black, 1 red, and 1 blue/green. That is a good level for a random protection, just frequent enough to occasionally be "yup, that ability is there" without being game over.

Maro confirmed on his blog that Transformers refers to both the robots and the Transforming cards. I may add grimlock to my Shards cube and work in a werewolf theme.

Clever spin on the transform mechanic. I'm highly entertained by that. Sword of D&D is also cool. Not sure I want to run it, but the nostalgia is there for me and it's powerful enough.

I believe I have receieved an answer before but appearently I forgot it. How do I upload pictures to this site so they look better and more like OP’s?

I believe I have receieved an answer before but appearently I forgot it. How do I upload pictures to this site so they look better and more like OP’s?

I believe the only step you are missing is actually telling RTL to attach your file as a full image:
  1. click Upload a file
  2. browse for file etc. etc. A selector box will appear below the text editor window.
  3. Do below with the selector pane. It'll insert wherever your cursor is in the text editor:
deeded.PNG
you should get:
200.gif