General When Is Fixing Too Good?

"James, I know you like the fixing the way it is, but I gotta say I really don't. I like it when you have to draft a tight 2-color deck with a lot of consistency. I don't like that you can just take all kinds of stuff and hope for the fixing." (sic (obviously))
I see his point. Playing 4-color aggro decks is awesome, but when they're terrible they shouldn't be winning.
I feel that I should cut down on the fetchlands. Not only because the fixing is letting me make unholy manabases and win, but on a pointless personal level it doesn't feel like my cube anymore, it's so different.

I'm going to try and go back to the OP. Not sure if anyone brought this up yet (and I'm not reading through 9 pages of wasteland discussion). But if 4 color aggro is really good, maybe there's too much aggro support in general? You have triple champion of the parish, triple experiment one, triple 2 shields, triple rakdos cackler, double bloodghast and double stromkirk noble. I feel like you can sleepwalk your way to a competitive aggro build with that line-up.

Maybe that's the intent, and if so you can certainly make fixing scarce to punish the 3+ flavors of said deck, but IMO it's being enabled by all the double/tripling of key aggro cards and not because you have double fetches.

Caleb has been trolling with his legacy articles for like a month, i think it's probably a good idea to see what active Legacy players think about his points before you just reproduce them!

Like, it's fine that Legacy isn't "healthy", allegedly, as long as it's got a community and remains a fun and challenging 'mind sport'. I don't give a shit that Pyroblasts were maindeckable and what it means about the color wheel, I want to play thrilling games of Magic
http://reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/comments/3xbeh6/caleb_durwards_opinions_on_the_legacy_banned_list/

Notably they all don't take him seriously in this case

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Caleb has been trolling with his legacy articles for like a month, i think it's probably a good idea to see what active Legacy players think about his points before you just reproduce them!

Like, it's fine that Legacy isn't "healthy", allegedly, as long as it's got a community and remains a fun and challenging 'mind sport'. I don't give a shit that Pyroblasts were maindeckable and what it means about the color wheel, I want to play thrilling games of Magic
http://reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/comments/3xbeh6/caleb_durwards_opinions_on_the_legacy_banned_list/

Notably they all don't take him seriously in this case

I don't even need to go to reddit: the comments in the article itself are epic enough.

Yes, those changes would wreak the fabric of the format and everything that makes it unique, and should not be taken seriously. Its just funny he settled upon the same general complaints we were having in regards to wasteland: cards that stop you from playing magic are often not fun.