General (UNF) Unfinity Testing/Includes Thread

This is a testing/includes thread. Post pictures using /ci or a text list using /c with what cards you plan to include and what cards you plan to test.
Testing:

Testing if I do Attractions:

Lol

Token Additions
en_jGTE39Xqyj.png
en_zZ6ZWW3z7a.png
en_CkXR6877rI.png
en_TmPCOmDFgg.png

This set is cool. I like the new Tokens.

What are your plans for this set?

Last edited:

For: 5-color
I have a 5-color deck on Level 1 and Level 2. I also keep a Set Booster Pack from each (Standard release) set since Throne of Eldraine lying around ready for opening. I don't mind spending a few $ on each tournament if people will find it fun to open packs.

I might give this a go. It doesn't really have a home but I think the card is fun.
It probably won't live for long in the cube. But maybe some players will have fun with it for a month or two.

I hope this card will live forever in the cube. I will take it out, however, if there are complaints from people who do not feel like being up to date on Standard.

I think I'll include this without writing in it or explaining anything.

This might not actually be stupid.

Not sure I have a use for this right now. But I'll keep an eye on this.

If this didn't signal players can assemble Urzatron, I would include this. It's quite strong it looks like.

This one seems like fun.

I think it will be a fun gimic for some time. It’s uncommon and should be very cheap.

I mostly hope that the players will never have seen the card before when they see it in the tournament for the first time :)

It could also be one of those cards that will never see play because the owner will sign it and no one else. Or maybe the owner won’t even sign it before someone else also signs it.

I think it will be a hit at the prereleases though.

testing and includes, including customs inspired by cards in the set:
notable exclusions:
Photo Op - as much as i love wishes and subgames, i don’t have the network or infrastructure to actually resolve this card properly at my table. i’m thinking of a custom that makes you play charades instead…
Standard Procedure - i am the guy who doesn’t wanna track what’s Standard legal. it’s me. love the design but just can’t be arsed to actually use it.

Certain:
Park Map: Really really good. I haven't been able to justify Crop Rotation or Expedition Map in my cube, but I'll easily find a slot for this

Near Certain:
Saw in Half: I'm less than certain, because I feel like you'll almost always be using this on your own creatures. It's closer to blink and reanimation mechanically than removal. I'm fairly picky about my creature recycling spells....3 mana seems a little awkward, but the upside is pretty high when you are doubling up on Blood Artists or putting 5 additional bodies into play targeting your Pia and Kiran Nalaar or razing the countryside with two baby Inferno Titans.

Uncertain but Interested:

Interested but Doubtful:

Nearby Planet: Is a fetchable Transguild Promenade playable? I have my doubts, but having every basic land type is beneficial with all sorts of other cards

Chris Taylor

Contributor
You know, Busted! aint bad. It doesn't say nonland, so baseline is 1.
In my format, Underground Sea, Volcanic Island, Tropical Island and any fetch, up it to 2
Most nonbasicacs up it to 2 actually, with the hilarious Ziatora's Proving Ground as an out for 3

And this is all assuming you have an empty board. If you've played with wordmail (fun for a lark), you'll know how many words are on the odd magic card. Mostly legends. But there's quite a few 3s and 4s hidden away there that you might already be running.

You know, Busted! aint bad. It doesn't say nonland, so baseline is 1.
In my format, Underground Sea, Volcanic Island, Tropical Island and any fetch, up it to 2
Most nonbasicacs up it to 2 actually, with the hilarious Ziatora's Proving Ground as an out for 3

And this is all assuming you have an empty board. If you've played with wordmail (fun for a lark), you'll know how many words are on the odd magic card. Mostly legends. But there's quite a few 3s and 4s hidden away there that you might already be running.
Hall of Storm Giants + Busted! = control gaming
EDIT; “the tabernacle at pendrell vale”

Testing

Pietra is lovely, beating face early and representing a bit of inevitability late. 10/10 Boros card, even though she makes a unique token.

Vorthos is a fun way to add a mission statement to your draft, and while it might not be a winning card is sure is a cool one.

Trigger happy does things, we all know this. Let's get to my last major testing/include.

Tchotchke Elemental is a weird one that I can't believe that more people haven't listed. It grows on tokens AND counters, making it, you guessed it, a Green aggro card! Note that it goes infinite* if you make a clone copy of it. I think that this card is incredible and that more people would enjoy playing with it.

*while supplies last

May errata

It's probably fine as-is, but I don't love the dice rolling as a standalone. I'll probably test it without the errata and see whether the potential upside/downside is tolerable. However, turning tokens into food is a cool ability. This card might be too good at stalling games, but it makes a lot of artifacts quickly and provides a very different axis for the counter deck to play on, so I think it's worth of testing.

Interested

Bag Check is a great if marginal upgrade to Cancel, and all cubes should be full of dangerous cards. I'm just not sure if I'm into Cancel-with-upside. Disallow is a personal favorite, as is Mirrorshell Crab, but those two can do things that none of my other counterspells can do, whereas this is just more value on an old classic.

Omniclown is (kind of) a colorshifted Realm-Cloaked Giant, just with an artifact twist, better keyword in trample, and (probably) useless Affinity for Robots. It might just be uncastable, though :(

Ignacio is very cool--everyone loves Treasures--but I haven't done the math. I wish the other members of this cycle were actually priced to move the way this one is. If they were, I'd probably test them

Hats?

I haven't done the math on how many hatted cards I have, but these two seem fun! Park Re-Entry seems like a slightly more juiced/less multicolored Graceful Restoration, which is a card that's been on the outside of my cube looking in for a while. Haberthrasher is a monocolored but less consistent spin on Corpse Knight, which has also been a BW card that I haven't responsibly had space for. (edit: why is the misprinted 2/3 Corpse Knight so cheap? That's an AWESOME cube card! Also, why is the normal version almost $2???)

Overall

This is a really cool set with more cards than I thought I might want! I, too, wish that WotC went further with the space theming, but I'll content myself with the beautiful basics and shocks. I'm glad that Un sets are alive and well, even if I'm not as sure I'll like the standalone draft experience as much as I liked Unstable.

Last edited:
Testing:

Definitely a sleeper, I've been really hoping for a card like Mimeoplasm that doesn't break my graveyard section, and is more interesting than altered ego and progenitor mimic

Easy, super fun

While I feel like players will think it is a fog for one creature. I feel that the combos outwin the initial response.

This thing can be confusing to explain to new players, but man does lightning strike, better raise the alarm, and 2 mana trumpet blast look really spicy.

Considering:
Definitely waiting on more feedback on attractions, stickers/tickets, and dice rolling cards. I would probably consider them for my Melvin cube that I have been wanting to build. Also need feedback on hat synergy.

This definitely fits into my "I want a green 4 drop that could ramp but also has synergies in other areas" but dying to shock is just kind of... eh.

Even a 2 mana 2/3 would probably make it in my cube, but idk if I want these kinds of shenanigans :p

While I initially gushed about this card, my current iteration doesn't have as many fun and broken synergies as I thought. I'll have to look at staying power lists to see what it can do. But I somewhat doubt this will make the cut. Wish it worked with Mindslaver.

Keep Away:

"Most Red cards and some others deal 1 additional damage" seems pretty good, but while initially a better Honor of the Pure. I think this is probably too good for most cubes (and I'm considering trigger happy). The fact that it also has a failstate/option of something like an instant thundering rebuke makes it much more annoying better than honor.
If I ever make a higher power Cube (that likes acorns), this would be an easy include though, just odd that something like altered ego triggers and I can see people arguing about whether oko, the trickster is triggered.

@TekLazar
I think with Claire D’Loon, Joy Sculptor you can feel pretty safe as regards to the shenanigans. Because the gimic only does things when the legendary creature is on the board. After that there will be no way to cast the tokens again. They will just be there in the graveyard, hand or whatever.

@TekLazar
I think with Claire D’Loon, Joy Sculptor you can feel pretty safe as regards to the shenanigans. Because the gimic only does things when the legendary creature is on the board. After that there will be no way to cast the tokens again. They will just be there in the graveyard, hand or whatever.
For sure, but I was more of talking about like, "oh I have to track this now because it says rest of game" and because I have a more graveyard focused cube it creates stuff like
- I cast unearth/sevinne's reclamation on my 5/5 wurm token
- I escape my underworld charger using these two cards and goblin token
- I use varolz the scar-striped effect, exiling my 8/8 kraken token, I place 8 +1 counters for zero mana (obviously this would be a 4 color deck, so less likely but...)

It's such an odd thing that is obviously fun, but I almost would prefer making Claire D’Loon, Joy Sculptor first line be a new rule in my cube and balancing around that. Rather than dealing with the ramifications of one player having to track it but nobody else does. But like... it's still easier to track than storm, so I am probably overthinking it :p

Testing

Tchotchke Elemental is a weird one that I can't believe that more people haven't listed. It grows on tokens AND counters, making it, you guessed it, a Green aggro card! Note that it goes infinite* if you make a clone copy of it. I think that this card is incredible and that more people would enjoy playing with it.

*while supplies last
I agree, I just added it on cubecobra and it has created a lot of cool decks. The infinite combo thing worries me but I do plan to rewrite the card anways so it's actually playable with my Spanish group.

Testing

Pietra is lovely, beating face early and representing a bit of inevitability late. 10/10 Boros card, even though she makes a unique token.

Vorthos is a fun way to add a mission statement to your draft, and while it might not be a winning card is sure is a cool one.

Trigger happy does things, we all know this. Let's get to my last major testing/include.

*while supplies last

May errata

It's probably fine as-is, but I don't love the dice rolling as a standalone. I'll probably test it without the errata and see whether the potential upside/downside is tolerable. However, turning tokens into food is a cool ability. This card might be too good at stalling games, but it makes a lot of artifacts quickly and provides a very different axis for the counter deck to play on, so I think it's worth of testing.

Interested

Bag Check is a great if marginal upgrade to Cancel, and all cubes should be full of dangerous cards. I'm just not sure if I'm into Cancel-with-upside. Disallow is a personal favorite, as is Mirrorshell Crab, but those two can do things that none of my other counterspells can do, whereas this is just more value on an old classic.

Omniclown is (kind of) a colorshifted Realm-Cloaked Giant, just with an artifact twist, better keyword in trample, and (probably) useless Affinity for Robots. It might just be uncastable, though :(

Ignacio is very cool--everyone loves Treasures--but I haven't done the math. I wish the other members of this cycle were actually priced to move the way this one is. If they were, I'd probably test them

Hats?

I haven't done the math on how many hatted cards I have, but these two seem fun! Park Re-Entry seems like a slightly more juiced/less multicolored Graceful Restoration, which is a card that's been on the outside of my cube looking in for a while. Haberthrasher is a monocolored but less consistent spin on Corpse Knight, which has also been a BW card that I haven't responsibly had space for. (edit: why is the misprinted 2/3 Corpse Knight so cheap? That's an AWESOME cube card! Also, why is the normal version almost $2???)

Overall

This is a really cool set with more cards than I thought I might want! I, too, wish that WotC went further with the space theming, but I'll content myself with the beautiful basics and shocks. I'm glad that Un sets are alive and well, even if I'm not as sure I'll like the standalone draft experience as much as I liked Unstable.
can’t go infinite because you must have unique items that fit completely on the card

The little box of beads somewhere in the house for making friendship bracelets would come in clutch with that. That's like 4x26 + all the weird little charms, at least. They are also like a few mm across at most, so you can fit oodles on it, and many are cubic, so stackable.

Last edited:
can’t go infinite
Note that it goes infinite* . . . .

*while supplies last

I know you're probably replying to Erik more than me, but to Sigh's point it's easy enough to make "enough" counters to be functionally infinite. A 20/20 is effectively an infinity/infinity for all practical purposes, and you can easily stack pennies to get there. Anything bigger is overkill.