Recent content by gaytransmulldrifter

  1. gaytransmulldrifter

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    Thanks! I'd like to revisit this project some time and tune it better since I think I'm a much better designer than I was when I put it together, but I'm not in a life situation that's conducive for buying new cubes at the moment so it's gonna have to wait.
  2. gaytransmulldrifter

    All Tomorrows

    I think no-deckbuilding is a really good solve for these kind of weird mixed power environments that are really focused on aesthetic. How do you get people to play with these goofy cards? Well just make it so they have no choice :)
  3. gaytransmulldrifter

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    Check out this list that I was tinkering with a few years ago: https://cubecobra.com/cube/list/realmsoftheunreal
  4. gaytransmulldrifter

    Goblin Game

    pattern matchersiege of towersmountain At our most recent draft somebody excitedly called me over to ask if this works. Told them it does and they searched up a mountain. Don't really care if I was right.
  5. gaytransmulldrifter

    Goblin Game

    Found otag:color-spent-matters last night, definitely another useful one. Wish so many of these didn't use counters!
  6. gaytransmulldrifter

    Goblin Game

    The Scryfall searching process for this kind of project can definitely be quite involved and I am a freak that enjoys looking at 10 pages of cards in order to find like, 2 that might be good. I definitely spend a lot of time just digging through stuff and throwing everything interesting into the...
  7. gaytransmulldrifter

    Goblin Game

    I think you could if you wanted to and it would be fine. I ran with 16 per player last time I drafted this and everyone said that it felt good so I'm sticking with that for now.
  8. gaytransmulldrifter

    Goblin Game

  9. gaytransmulldrifter

    Goblin Game

    I hope you give it a shot! Yes I would say that a draft of this cube is a bit faster than a normal draft. Less cards drafted, lots of simple cards, lots of packs where the choice is "Mountain or non-Mountain" or "Mountain or Mountain". Depends on your group of course but usually I feel like we...
  10. gaytransmulldrifter

    Card/Deck Broken cards for lower power

    train you gotta let people say they think something sucks without including a dissertation brother
  11. gaytransmulldrifter

    Goblin Game

    Thoughts on some recent adds goblin replica It's important to strangle the hell out of artifact removal rate here so that Shatter can be an insane bomb. Cool with Junk Diver et al. Thematically spooky. Who is the metal stranger. ogre savant Really bad card. rummaging goblin You can imagine...
  12. gaytransmulldrifter

    Goblin Game

    Yeah I have thought about this card. It is a very cool dream although based on my drafts so far I think paying WUBRG is nearly impossible, so it would probably mostly just get played as a ramp target.
  13. gaytransmulldrifter

    Goblin Game

    Invoke Calamity is definitely an interesting callout. Right now I'm playing Mizzix's Mastery as a similar card and it has been a big crowd pleaser, could definitely see also including Invoke as a secondary version of that effect. I try not to include too many ways to "cheat" on off-color costs...
  14. gaytransmulldrifter

    Goblin Game

    Yeah the offering cards are quite cool but they don't really do the thing that the off-color emerge cards do where they're playing with the cube's gimmick by being weaker rates with only red mana and more powerful when you have drafted your fixing, that's the appeal to me moreso than the "sac a...
  15. gaytransmulldrifter

    Goblin Game

    Thoughts on some recent cuts Mimic So badass as a secret bomb p1p1 tier card for goblin game ball knowers but this thing was just too good in the lame kind of way. I initially thought that the fixing was the x-factor here but after playing with it more, a 3/3 that dodges hammer at this rate is...
Top