Recent content by Tavahka

  1. T

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    I had a GW deck with 3 Inspired Tethermage and a couple of the Way enchantments so I was trying to empower Jace as much as I could. I found the play patterns of it extremely engaging, and at least one game the surveiling got me out of a flood and another one I definitely lost partially to me...
  2. T

    General [FRA] Reality Fracture

    Bestial Incursion Saw this one this morning and immediately thought "This is a riptide card." Not sure if I want to introduce another token into my cube... but a 4/4 trample for 4 that draws a 4/4 trample for 6 feels good if you are aiming for a slightly higher power level than Call of the Herd...
  3. T

    Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

    I was playing with CubeCobra's new draft simulation feature and it made me want to write up a bit for this dork that the bots rarely picked. Centaur Chieftain This guy has been in my cube since the cubetutor days. Grey ogre+ with haste is a fine floor for green if all else fails, but I love...
  4. T

    General CBS

    MKM had several! Turns out giving everything Ward does some weird things. Long Goodbye
  5. T

    General [SPM] Marvel's Spider-Man

    Yeah, this set I'm going to treat like final fantasy--pay no attention to the spoilers, maybe do a prerelease if such a thing exists(honestly not sure with how weird this set is being released), and if the gameplay convinces me I will concede that it is now a set of magic. Final fantasy...
  6. T

    General CBS

    Ah, oops! Could have sworn it was worded in a way where that wouldn't work. That would be a brutal deck lol mass reanimation/flicker spells make a lot of sense. That would be really terrible if living death also returned all lands to hand jaja
  7. T

    General CBS

    prevents beamtown bullies from triggering it, I guess? Any other cards that donate between zones?
  8. T

    Sets (TDM) Tarkir: Dragonstorm Previews!

    I kinda want to find a way to support a deck that uses Corroding Dragonstorm and Disinformation Campaign together... Hmm...
  9. T

    General CBS

    I've been playing a lot of the One Piece TCG recently and I have really been liking how their mana system works. It's a Hearthstone-style get-a-certain-number-of-resource-per-turn, but it does a couple of things I really like. First, each player gets two a turn, but the first player has just one...
  10. T

    Sets (TDM) Tarkir: Dragonstorm Previews!

    Good job, this made me lose my lunch
  11. T

    General [DFT] Aetherdrift

    oh yeah that's the good stuff
  12. T

    General [DFT] Aetherdrift

    I've got a lot of artifact synergies in Black in my cube and some surveil-matters stuff from Guilds of Ravnica, so I am definitely interested in this one. The 3 CMC artifact that promotes cycling is probably also going to get in there. As ever, surprised by some of the clean designs that they...
  13. T

    Sets (MH3) Modern Horizons 3 Previews

    That escape cost is wild. Holy moly
  14. T

    Sets (OTJ) Outlaws of Thunder Junction Previews

    Gotta say, when taking my graduate school entrance exams, having played Magic was way helpful. So many obscure words that I knew due to Magic cards associated with them. Basically the best set of flash cards in existence lol
  15. T

    Sets (OTJ) Outlaws of Thunder Junction Previews

    I, for one, believe that every cube should have deserts in it because that is a signifier of The Perfect Cube. For real though, my cube has a desert/Bounceland mana base and I love seeing Desert plastered on as many of these cards as I can get
Top