General (40K) Warhammer 40K Testing/Includes Thread

I don't really care to copy paste my reply from the previous thread too much. I am very undecided about Necron Deathmark however, a card I didn't include in that post. It's finally another black card with flash, which I've been waiting for ever since Ikoria pretended it was going to be a thing, but it's stapled to a removal spell, the main thing black is already adept at doing at instant speed already. It has a random artifact and mill tag attached to it, but it's also one of those boring 2-for-1 creatures I don't really care for, and it's pretty good at doing it. For one more mana on your chupacabra you get flash and +3/+1. Ultimately, I don't think it's a card I'm going to want.

There's also Sautekh Immortal as black flash creature, but I think Grim Wanderer is a cooler version of that card.

Due to a bit more theorycrafting, reviewing the cards, reading articles, etc. I'm going to be adding these two as well:

The Devastator is admittedly somewhat boring and I don't like the idea of it taking a 4-drop slot, but I feel this effect is valuable and necessary in my cube at my size, and I do adore it at 6 mana for 2 3/3s and blowing up 2 things.

The Gunship, though, is a more practical Myr Battlesphere. It enters with the same combined stats as Grave Titan (kinda), but instead of the tokens, it's the big boy tapped down (kinda). It's an army in a can that can get in for a lot of evasive damage, dodges sorcery speed creature kill, brings 3 artifacts into play at once, and looks cool doing it. It's going to take the place of Kaldra Compleat, which has play patterns I'd rather just avoid, no matter how novel I find the card overall.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I kind of hate this border, but there's one card I'm definitely here for.

That's some nice scaling removal/threat for Gruul ramp decks, and once you get to 7 mana it turns into a two for one! Sweet design!

may i interest you in custom proxies that make tokens you already run?
The moment I start making proxies, there's no logically consistent reason to not just proxy my entire cube or introduce my own custom cards, etc.

Both of which are fine, sure, but I do like owning and collecting the actual cards, and I'm pretty happy using "what WotC has actually printed" as one of the design parameters for my cube. My playgroup strongly prefers it that way as well. The consensus is even against Sharpie altars, interestingly enough!

As much as I am a strong supporter of custom cards, that's just not the play experience I'm looking for while cubing, nor is it that my playgroup prioritizes.

I'd like the tokens to match the cards both aesthetically and in terms of mindspace. Cubing is hard enough as it is, having to announce at the beginning of cube "feel free to use 2/2 knight tokens in place of 2/2 Astartes" does have minor gameplay implications and is just yet another thing to have to consider/remember/keep in mind.