General Adding a single Kindred to a cube

Now that Ixalan 2: Subterranean Looky-Loo has arrived, I'm thinking about how much I love dinosaurs.

I think there are now enough playable uncommon and common dinos that I could add a kindred package to my Peasant cube without messing up the other archetypes that bleed into those colors. And I've enjoyed the way WotC has been handling kindred decks in their limited sets recently, where whole entire sets don't revolve around 5 creature types, but one or two color pairs might have an associated kindred synergy, like the Ninjas in Neon Genesis Kamigalion.

My question to the group: How many dinos do I need to make this an archetype in a 450-card cube? 15? 25? Another, even higher number?

And another question: how many dino enablers (like Otepec Huntmaster) do I need? It seems like it would be really easy to overshoot this number, but if I don't have any cards like this, do I even have an archetype? Or is it just an aggro deck with a lot of cool dino art?

If you simply like dinosaurs, you don't even have to make it an archetype. Throw in the dinosaurs that you like and enjoy them.

It's also reasonable to do Grw ramp with dinosaurs as the main payoffs as a non-kindred way of doing things.

kindred is the card type, typal is the style of play and synergy.

And yes, dinos are cool. I would aim for over 20 dinos and at least 7 payoffs in 450, preferably those that are both in one card, like the yearling.

Yeah, as much as I think leaning away from "tribal" as jargon is a good idea, typal is absolutely shit as a replacement. It's a crying shame that Affinity is already taken...

Yeah, as much as I think leaning away from "tribal" as jargon is a good idea, typal is absolutely shit as a replacement. It's a crying shame that Affinity is already taken...
I feel like "Kindred" as a name works well for the card type, but it really does not work for the tribal decks as a theme. "Typal" is only a little better than kindred in that regard, and I agree another name is warranted.