Sets Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine & Black Panther

I kinda like these cards, they don't feel like 2024 overpowered cards with 150 abilities and without any downside. The Black Panther puts +1/+1 counters on lands, that is kind of niche and makes me think about strange synergies and combos. Iron Man may be broken, but you need to have an artifact for each mana value if you want to do the pod thing in a satisfying way. Wolverine looks like he comes from 2015 standard. Captain America is also cute because it deals damage equal to the equipment's mana value, not the equip cost, so if you try to do some broken shenanigans with Colossus Hammer or likewise cards, you don't really get the value from the first ability. The best equipment should be something that costs much mana and also has an high equip cost, to maximize the value of both his abilities, but then without the Captain the equipment is not great. Yes, I like these cards, maybe they are still busted, but in a different way than the keyword soups with only upsides we are seeing lately, these cards feel like you need some decent deckbuilding to make them perform in the best way.

I don't like marvel, so this was never for me. But ... I'm intrigued by seing regenerate return on a new card, even with updated reminder text including the word 'heal'. Could this mean, that we get regenerate back? I'm personally am tired of reading 'it gains indestructable until end of turn. tap it.' over and over again, and regenerate being a thing again would make my cubes more approachable for newer players, as it's still part ofall my three cubes.

But why wouldn't they just use the indestructible + tap it text they like so much?

Because they choose the flavorful option when it makes the most sense, especially for one-off designs. Target audience of these is suspected to be NYCC attendees; they'll understand that Wolverine "regenerates" even if they don't play Magic, but tapping him and making him temporarily indestructible reads as "incorrect" to that audience, and not unreasonably so.

But why wouldn't they just use the indestructible + tap it text they like so much?

What the above two users said is exactly correct.

And also since it’s not a Standard legal set they don’t care for consistency.

If regenerate is back… then it is not because of Wolverine. Then it is just coincidence.