Site News ChannelFireball Store Credit Contest Details

Aether vial is a cool suggestion, but I think it runs into much the same problems as was covered in the Delver thread, which can't readily be solved by increasing the number. You need solid (preferably land-based) disruption, as well as a clustered curve. But then again, it's one of my favourite cards, so if it could work, that would be cool.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I have a standing offer with one of my cubers that they can bring Aether Vial and include it in their decks without drafting it, and in their starting 7 every game against me, and it's still been terrible. I'm really not sure the extremes you'd have to go to in order to make it sufficiently powerful. Most decks really can't leverage it sufficiently to make up for the inherent card disadvantage of playing Aether Vial.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Reminder, just a couple more days for anyone looking to enter. Lucas? James Stevenson? I know you guys have ideas!

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Mm. I have had no enthusiasm for magic in a while, so don't get your hopes up (he said while impulsively checking riptidelab and watching a video on channelfireball)