Cube List Export?

Aoret

Developer
Rob,

I know it can be a bit of a pain to constantly hear people asking you to do more dev work...

...but is there any possibility of adding an export to .txt for your full cube list? If this feature is low-hanging fruit I'd really love to have it.

95% of the time I'm totally content for my cube to just live on your site, but occasionally I want to do some text manipulation or manage it in MagicAssistant while I'm disconnected from the internet. At present I just copy paste from the cube list view and run regexes in Notepad++ to strip out the metadata like "White (50)", etc. But I'd love to be able to skip that step!

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Skrap, I think Ben's got that feature already! My Account -> My Cubes -> Export a Cube. Then you can re-import the text file later.

It seems right now you can only do it for your own cube, and you can't export other people's cubes in this way.

Aoret

Developer
Thanks Eric!

I kinda felt like it had to be lurking somewhere on their site... I just couldn't find the damn thing. Really psyched to be able to stare at my cube list while on a plane tomorrow evening :D

lebenski

CubeTutor Developer
Hey Skrap.. yeah I think the My Account section is a little obscure for this. I might move it to the Edit List page so that it's possible to export anyones cube. I'm also aware of an issue with line endings on Windows 7 at the moment, but it should work fine on any other OS.