General [Custom Cards] Custom Graveyard Cards

@Schafkurai I'm no pro, but I'm guessing you could add more information to the artist section? It usually allows you to exceed the bounds on the text box. Not an elegant solution. Oh and the Artist text box may not work that way.... Sorry. Best guess.
I tried a few ways but cannot find a way to jump into the next line, for instance. Regular old 7th edition cards have the copyright, it would be cool to add some proxy related text there, but maybe that option is just missing in Card Conjurer.

two of my reimagined 'sword' cycle interact with the graveyard in a way you may find useful @Spiderdoofus

(sorry for the poor resolution, will rerender at some point)

View attachment 9099View attachment 9098
I like the idea or more interactive swords! The abilities have quite variable impact, I would probably never surveil if I can cast a spell for free but it does fuel itself.

I've been wanting to post this card since forever and just finally got around to it. Made with MSE rather than CardConjurer, so the fidelity is not very high, I'm afraid.

I always felt that (most) disturb cards in Midnight Hunt were a bit expensive/low impact, at least for my cube. So I love more disturb customs! The flipside is very flavorful (although I could imagine cursing myself a decent amount of times, I think someone had this flavor discussion elsewhere). Are you sure though, that you want regenerate in your cube? It is iconic and flavorwul but very miserable to play against in certain matchups, from my experience :).

I always felt that (most) disturb cards in Midnight Hunt were a bit expensive/low impact, at least for my cube. So I love more disturb customs! The flipside is very flavorful (although I could imagine cursing myself a decent amount of times, I think someone had this flavor discussion elsewhere). Are you sure though, that you want regenerate in your cube? It is iconic and flavorwul but very miserable to play against in certain matchups, from my experience :).
Disturb definitely doesn't have many truly powerful cards. I include a few of them in my Peasant cube, where the mechanic has enough breathing room to really shine.

As for Cursing yourself, I think it's something Black mana users would do often, especially if they thought it was a good way to get an army of skeletons.

I had not considered how tough Regenerate can be to beat. It's probably not something I'd want on very many cards, but I just love a regenerating skeleton. With enough exile removal in the White section and Incenerate effects in the Red section, it can probably be OK. But Will-o'-the-Wisp is too much. My younger brother used to lock me out for like 4 turns with that card, lol.

I've been wanting to post this card since forever and just finally got around to it. Made with MSE rather than CardConjurer, so the fidelity is not very high, I'm afraid.

Might make more sense for this to only trigger on nontoken creatures? As it stands there isn't that much of a reason to ever regenerate the token if you just get another one for free when it dies as long as you enchanted yourself.

I like the idea or more interactive swords! The abilities have quite variable impact, I would probably never surveil if I can cast a spell for free but it does fuel itself.
yeah, always loved the flavor of 'em but disliked a few features: the mana cost, the hard color-based protection, and the fact you had to land a hit to get the effect - which required a hefty effect to be worthwhile, making games unnecessarily swingy.

some of them are fairly 'equal' between the two effects, but others (like the surveil+gravecast) as you mention have different levels of punch. they're generally disparate for two reasons:

1. weaker ability enables stronger ability
2. weaker ability is generically useful, stronger ability is situational or requires setup

every sword has at least one effect that will always be helpful, so they're never dead.

Last edited: