General Distanced Drafting--Online Cube League

2020! What a year! It stinks, and not the least because we haven't been able to cube. Let's change that by cubing together separately.

I propose to draft someone's cube on the first Sunday of every month, probably around noon EST. Interested? If so, please sign up by posting here! This is NOT a request for hard commitment, but rather for interest.

I'll need to know your time zone, to help with scheduling, and your Discord name and ID number, so we can set up a channel to coordinate (PM me with these if you don't want them out in the thread, but please respond here as well; I feel like it will be easier to get more people if there's visible interest). We'll draft over XMage or a combination of Dr4ft and Cockatrice, the latter of which I've used to great success in a flashback draft group.

If you sign up, you'll get to nominate a cube to draft! We'll draft a different cube each month. Looking forward to actually playing with you all!

No, nominating your own cube is kind of the point! I just wanted to leave it open-ended so that if someone's cube wouldn't work well over internet drafting programs (Kirblinx's Type 4 Stack, Velrun's inscrutable board game, etc.) they would still get a say in what to bring!

This is going to sound really dumb, but how long do you project that each draft would take? I've... actually never drafted a cube before.

(EST (GMT-5) for me as well. I'll PM you my Discord name if I think I'll have time - stupid grad school blocking me from enjoying the finer things in life.)

Hey, no worries--I've also never drafted a cube before! For my draft group, drafting a normal set and playing three rounds takes us about three or four hours, and that's super casual. A lot of people take a couple minutes here or there to prep dinner, feed the cat, etc., and I'd try to emulate that. And please, even if you can only join occasionally, I'd love to add more people to the list!

CET is my time and I am really interested in doing this here. Only problemis, I am really busy currently and may not have time for the next ~4 weeks. But I'd definitely join the group. I'll get a discord account just for this. Lets make this happen.

My time is GMT+2, and I've had some drafting experience with Xmage, but, perhaps, you'd better leave me out of consideration for now, since university studying eats out almost all of my time. I'll PM when/if things get brighter. But, hopefully, my message will at least help rise more hype about the thread by making more people on the forum notice it ;)

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I'm GMT +10 and always up to draft. I don't like playing on cockatrice/xmage, I am too used to mtgo. So I may not be much help in being able to play games. Willing to help out where I can though!

I've been doing some pauper rotisserie drafts over on the pauper discord and they have been pretty fun. Trying to figure out how best to implement it on the riptide discord. They are fun as you can just look at it everyday and don't have to dedicate a whole hour or whatnot to draft. I'll gauge people's interest when I figure out the details.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Okay now that I remembered how I've made some more voice channels so you don't all have to sit in the same lobby for 4 different games
There's also a text channel for y'all, let me know if you want anything renamed

Oh boy howdy, how time does its thing. Yes, the first draft will be on the 6th! I'm looking forward to it--just have to finish moving by then! :confused:

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I highly recommend unpacking the router last :p
home_organization.png

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
You changed the text but not the link, I think. I'm seeing that the link is expired when I click through it, but copy paste works.

I think he meant in Discord. That said...

I just fixed the discord invite link so now it never expires!
Saves having this issue in the future.

My link isn't working anymore either, and the option to invite people to the Discord server is gone. What hath thou wrought, Kirb? :D

Anyone (else) interested in drafting the Elegant Cube this Sunday, around 1PM ET? We will play on Cockatrice afterwards.