Card/Deck Enchantress?

so in that other thread we were wondering if enchantress has finally reached a point where it is non-poison. ideally we would not want this to resemble the legacy enchantress deck which is not rly practical for a cube environment to deal w/

to start, the potential core of the deck:

directly theme related:

cubeable cards that work with the theme

i guess necropotence exists too but thats just dumb

want to go deep?

so....

hrm lets hit up jou and see what all we got

direct support:

probably playable support:

maybe playable(?) support:

dude i have no idea

If someone gets this working without having to run some of the jankier options, I'm totally in.

I'm already running or considering a large portion of this stuff.

Again, the card I really like is replenish. I could absolutely make that work in a constructed deck no problem. But cube I'm less certain about.

It reminds me a little of Champion of the Parish. At what point do you have enough humans to where running it becomes a better option that a generic 2/1 for 1? For me, that was a pretty easy decision because I appreciate cards with high ceilings that you have to put a little effort into making better than vanilla options - it's all about synergy really and that is something I value super highly. Even if the average payoff on champion is less than Savannah Lions, it doesn't matter to me in the end because there end up being situations where champion is a 3/3 or 4/4. Stories get told about cards like that. Not so much with stuff like Savannah Lions which is never anything more than it is. Anyway... totally took a tangent there.... sorry.

But replenish is a harder to judge for me because it costs 4 mana and it's eating a slot I have cards fighting for (I'm really not busting at the seams with amazing one drops so taking a chance on champion was an easy call). All these new playable enchantments though really has me thinking this card could be a really solid role-player in a lot of decks. Not 100% sure though.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I mean obvious that Journey is great for enchantress hopefuls, but a lot of those cards, particularly some of the constellation ones, are pure filler with unpleasantly low power level. We might get a couple more crossblock support cards over the next year, but this is probably it, so if we want this to work, power level fixing on some of the cards that were released weak for constructed or limited concerns might be necessary.

That said, working with just what we have as written, here are your basic lines of play:

White/Blue Replenish: Filter enchantments, cast Replenish, then win. Mystical Tutor or dupes replenish are probably key to making this work. None of the on-color constellation creatures help, but the enchantment "walls" are pretty good here.

Greem/White Replenish: Uses Survival, Fauna Shaman and whatever other dump-filters to do as above, but you can actually use the constellation cards.

Green/X Enchantress: The meat of it all, you play as many enchantments as possible and ride card advantage to victory. The key here is to have enchantment cards that serve different roles, but thats no longer a problem. We have enchantment blockers, enchantment removal (don't forget black!), even enchantment finishers. There are so many angles here, because the basic shell can fit a lot of different decks. Just not hard aggro (that's what the next category is for!). How deep to go on some of these is a different question. I'm not sure I want to run font of fertility over a mana-efficient ramp spell.

Aura/Heroic Aggro: You don't need creatures with the word heroic on them literally here either.

Crossover: Once you get past the archetype binders, all of these cards are playable in other decks. As long as you don't overplay the sphere of safety type cards, you win. Notably, DEVOTION FUCKING LOVES IT.

I will be integrating this in about two weeks. I'm pretty sure 3-4 cards are going to receive custom text, but the general idea should be applicable to anyone who wants to try it.

I feel like there is a lot of potential for this to be a theme in peasant magic. Bestow guys are still pretty good there and a lot of playable removal is in the form of enchantments + voltron decks are way more of a thing. I think it's a theme that would be easy to build around, despite how often enchantresses themselves are rare. Red and black can compensate more for being able to snag 2for1s in clever ways.

Anyone wana help me find some sweet common and uncommon enchantment fodder or things that synergize well? Especially things that synergize well without being ham fisted about it.

I had a lot of time to think about my cube now that i was visiting my wifes relatives (4h trip). I was thinking about stuff that works with aluren/cloudstone curio. Enchantress definitely works with those two since you could pretty easily draw your deck. Not sure if enchantress does anything alone though. Big vanilla creature isn't that exciting or drawing 3 cards a turn playing some low-powered (wild growth) cards isn't that powerful either.

Surprised these haven't been mentioned already! Depending on how the cube looks, I think argothian enchantress, eidolon of blossoms and academy rector are fine as enchantress support. When you move down to lower powered formats I think you can do more neat stuff like someone else mentioned in this thread, with the creature buffs and removal spells both coming in the form of auras. (I think aura gnarlid are super sweet cards, so if you build a cube with those I'll play it!)

Laz

Developer
My discovery of the other day was this one:

The mythical sorcery speed* 2-mana destroy target creature**.

* For a limited definition of sorcery speed
** Excepting enchantment removal