General Forum upgrade: tomorrow at some point (Sunday, April 25th)

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
You'll notice the font has changed. I will change it back, I just haven't looked into it yet, and I think getting the upgrade done was the top priority.
Anyway, please have a poke around and see if things work.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
This new forum software lets us add custom 'Like' emojis. I know everything will feel weird and off at first, but with your feedback we can make it even cozier than the old boards.

In a few days we will probably not even notice it anymore. Only thing bothering me is the round shaped profile pic, my Dimir Guildmage is cut off :(

Onders pic however seems to be made for that upgrade!

In a few days we will probably not even notice it anymore. Only thing bothering me is the round shaped profile pic, my Dimir Guildmage is cut off :(

Onders pic however seems to be made for that upgrade!
Yeah, it makes my profile picture look weird, too (considering that it's a square Minecraft skin in a circle). The new "online" badge location doesn't help either, it makes my profile look like it's eating a Pea! :)

I was just going to note the same thing as onder. I'm having a hard time distinguishing what is read and what isn't.

Also, I know most people know them, but the buttons for card image, card text, cube deck, etc. were really helpful!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I turned my zoom to 80% and it's more distinguishable, but I definitely think the fonts need to be tuned. Will look into the square profile pictures. James said he would look at those buttons but it wasn't a quick easy implementation.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I feel like the desktop version could use some aesthetic tweaks, but the mobile version is suuuuuch an improvement. Also now you can register for the forums via Google. We will look into getting Twitter/Facebook registration working.

Now that we have a new system, can I suggest a change?

Right now: When a thread has been fully viewed, it has normal text. When a thread has a new comment, the text is bolded.

Suggestion: Can we distinct the two even more? And maybe add some?
Maybe give threads you've never read even once a different color?
And if you've read some of the comments but not all of them, besides making it bold, maybe do something more to make it stand out?

Thank you

I feel like the desktop version could use some aesthetic tweaks, but the mobile version is suuuuuch an improvement. Also now you can register for the forums via Google. We will look into getting Twitter/Facebook registration working.
Mobile usability is crucial! The previous version needed a lot of help in that area, so this was a really good upgrade. Nicely done.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
The post preview now uses the same page, so I can now still see the posts above :O
This is a great boon for me (if I ever do one of my indepth posts again).

I also noticed that there is a random option to 'save draft', which would be great if it actually works, but I don't know where it is actually saving this draft...

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
The post preview now uses the same page, so I can now still see the posts above :O
This is a great boon for me (if I ever do one of my indepth posts again).

I also noticed that there is a random option to 'save draft', which would be great if it actually works, but I don't know where it is actually saving this draft...
Having just given it a go, I have no idea. But! If I enter some text in a thread, but don't post it, it's still there if I navigate around and come back later! It even works across devices!

It's really minor, but is it possible to move the Report link to maybe an icon on the top right of the post? It should declutter the main reading column.

Now that we have a new system, can I suggest a change?

Right now: When a thread has been fully viewed, it has normal text. When a thread has a new comment, the text is bolded.

Suggestion: Can we distinct the two even more? And maybe add some?
Maybe give threads you've never read even once a different color?
And if you've read some of the comments but not all of them, besides making it bold, maybe do something more to make it stand out?

Thank you
I'm admittedly having a difficult time differentiating read from unread threads. So imma +1 this