Guess the Magic Art!

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I've had some positive feedback on this game I have done a couple of times elsewhere, so why not give it a go here!
I just went to gatherer, pressed random card, cropped out a bit of the art from the card and see if you can guess what it is!

kRGp4hc.png
jpCNvN2.png
RuVfFj5.png
1Zyc7HQ.png
fer67ZJ.png

jFR0sED.png
7OhN0Vc.png
s0IKdd0.png
uSmw3lO.png
Di0bZa5.png

I will give hints later if people are struggling. I will also add more in subsequent posts when I feel up for it. If you guys want to throw some up as well for me to guess that would be cool too.

1. is Bogardan Hammer (I think that's the name) (also I just checked and I was wrong on this one)
2. This looks like the new surge Bushwacker but I wouldn't have thought this was up on Gatherer yet
4. is Kor Hookmaster
5. I don't remember the name but I'm pretty sure its a 2/1 Forestwalk for 1G from some core sets

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
So the only ones that haven't been guessed so far are 6 and 10.

1. Kamahl's Sledge - Onderzeeboot
2. Reckless Bushwhacker - Aston
3. Black Ward - Onderzeeboot
4. Kor Hookmaster - Aston
5. Rushwood Dryad - Onderzeeboot
6. ???
7. Angelic Benediction - Onderzeeboot
8. Stormwatch Eagle - Onderzeeboot
9. Putrefaction - Onderzeeboot
10. ???

I can't believe you got Putrefication. I had never even seen the card before and thought it might trip people up. Apparently not!
10. I thought it was Bird Maiden, but that doesn't fit?
Nope, not Bird Maiden. The picture is not from a red card.

Number 6 looks so familiar, but I can't place it. Feels like a white enchantment of some sort, maybe Circle of Protection: Black
Yeah, I thought I did a good job with this one :p It is not from a white card, so no CoP's

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I can't believe you got Putrefication. I had never even seen the card before and thought it might trip people up. Apparently not!Nope, not Bird Maiden. The picture is not from a red card.
I used magiccards.info to look up the card, I figured doing that won't do you much good if you don't know what you are looking for. I was like, darn, I know that face. Isn't that a black enchantment from Mercadian Masques? So I hope you'll forgive me for not remembering the card name from the top of my head, because that was prett spot on :)

Searches I used to fimd the card names
1. I knew this one.
3. Casting cost {W} + card type is enchantment + card text contains black
5. Cardname contains Dryad + card text contains forestwalk (this was before Aston edited in his hunch, I also new it was a green card. But hey, Dryads are green so that's a superfluous search criterium :))
7. Casting cost {3}{W} + card type is enchantment + card text contains exalted
8. Card name contains Eagle + color is blue

Well, and 9 you know :)

So, yeah, I only really knew the first one by heart, but I knew more than enough to easily find the other card names. I hope you don't consider that cheating :)

Edit: I'm using a lot of smilies because I love this game :)

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
6. Nemesis Trap > After your hint I was like, ooooooh, this is that card that can kill two Baneslayers for {B}{B} from the original Zendikar block. Searched for card text contains {B}{B} and white.
Never heard of that description before, but hey, whatever makes you remember the card :p

So that only leaves number 10 unsolved. Someone should come and try and give Onderzeeboot a hand. He seems to be struggling with this one. :D

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Sheesh, I had to think really long and hard before I *finally* found the last one!

Search: blue P3K creatures. After first failing at red, then green P3k creatures, and then a few other dead ends. I was so close the first time!!!

10. Lu Xun, Scholar General

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Sheesh, I had to think really long and hard before I *finally* found the last one!

Search: blue P3K creatures. After first failing at red, then green P3k creatures, and then a few other dead ends. I was so close the first time!!!

10. Lu Xun, Scholar General
How did yo know that it was from P3K? Just the style of art?
I had originally cut the cut so there was no cape at all and thought it might be a little too hard so included a bit of it to give people a chance.
I ave decided to add a spoiler to the original post with the answers so people can play this game by themselves if they wish without having to scroll through.

I will do another batch soon. This time let some others have a crack at the start Onderzeetboot. As I am sure you will be able to power through most of them. You seem to be too good at these. :p

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Sorry! I guess my visual memory is pretty good. A lot of art is quite contemporary to certain Magic periods as well. Mercadian Masques block has a very different feel from, say, Oddyssey block. Plus, I must have build like a bazillion casual decks in my life. There probably was a time I spent more time with magiccards.info than with my family lol :)

I'll spoiler tag my replies for the next batch, so players can just ignore me. ;)

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Here is another lost for you Onder... and anyone who wants to have a go :p

BN0OfPL.png
anWwQSX.png
2KqoUb3.png
0tdFL6a.png
TByr3F9.png

7uEWgiF.png
IUYfLBj.png
ujax6Ld.png
otjbTcq.png
1Eo4NxD.png

Again, post your guesses and I'll throw your name in the answers once people have gotten them all.

1. mana tith 2. nothing 3. nothing 4. pre-Modern version of mnemonic wall 5. a demon

6. card with storm in its name, maybe izzet 7. nothing 8. a startled white creature 9. a banner 10. a white permanent

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
1. mana tith 2. nothing 3. nothing 4. pre-Modern version of mnemonic wall 5. a demon. 6. card with storm in its name, maybe izzet 7. nothing 8. a startled white creature 9. a banner 10. a white permanent

Uhhh.. I guess 9 is correct as that is what is in the picture.
The rest not so quite.
Thanks for posting though, try again maybe? Nice to see people interested in this.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
So three haven't been solved as of yet.

Here are some small hints:
2. Is NOT a creature
4. The card name is ONE WORD

9. Is a SORCERY
EDIT: The last card seems to be giving you trouble yet again (I guess this is a hint?!?!)

Can't let the game stagnate for too long.