General Iconic big creatures

I've been thinking for a while in what would be the best creatures for a cycle of curve toppers in each color that are iconic and somewhat balanced between them and I thought it would be fun to see what would be your candidates. Here are mines:

I would've chosen exactly those with the execptions of Rhox or Force of Nature for green and maybe Nightmare for black.

Rhox is perfect. Zee coming in with the single image truth bomb.
I had to come back to add Deranged Hermit to my list of iconic green dudes and that I am ashamed of forgetting him.

Enormous Baloth
No, seriously, this was one of those wow, so cool cards that I saw other kids playing with on the playground.
Literally -the- reason I collect all the Baloths.

As far as actually contributing to the original topic, I wanted to be dumb and just list the Nephilim
Here's actual top end threats from my cube:

Not exactly balanced, but I consider them all pretty iconic for particular eras of Magic. Maybe not the Wurm, it had to compete with Obliterator and Sheoldred, and is the only one not to get a homage in the recent Phyrexia sets...

Last edited:
For me, a filthy green enjoyer, part of the issue is that most of the green creatures that spring to mind aren't really big beaters (which is ironic, given what the color's supposed to be good at):

Green's iconic creatures, to me, are mostly Druids/Shamans, Dryads, and Elves, with the BIG DUDES being more of a menagerie that they bring to the party with them.

For me, a filthy green enjoyer, part of the issue is that most of the green creatures that spring to mind aren't really big beaters (which is ironic, given what the color's supposed to be good at):
Maybe that is why there is no iconic one. They are never alone and it is the sheer amount/size that does you in. That’s why rhox, although an inevitable beater probably does not need the supertrample. The other colours often have one creature that finishes you.

Green's iconic creatures, to me, are mostly Druids/Shamans, Dryads, and Elves, with the BIG DUDES being more of a menagerie that they bring to the party with them.

You had one job. And it was very easy.
If you try really hard you can probably think of an iconic big green creature like everyone else managed to.

For me its some of the fatties from the INN/RTR era
This was in the original version of my list which was just the highest CMC of each colour in my cube (Along with Astral Dragon, don't remember, Bogardan Hellkite and Craterhoof Behemoth) but my memories of INN/RTR are so dominated by X-cost stuff like Wolf-Run, Bonfire, and Sphinx's Rev that for me the only iconic monocoloured creatures of the era are Resto and Swagtusk. Probably just local meta to be fair, we had an overabundance of greed.