General Logistics of Squadroning

How do deal, physically, with squadroned cards (pick one, get multiple copies)?

I've been thinking of 2x squadroning some build-arounds and narrow enablers because 2 copies seems enough in 40-card decks to make them worth building around a card. Stuff like Mad Auntie, Potion of Healing, Abiding Grace.

My reservation has always been that more fiddliness in the draft makes the process more complicated. I think putting a "pick 1, get 2" sticker like I've seem someone post makes it very clear and looks nice, but where do you keep the copies? Do you just have a pile of them and the players go and get them when they take the basic lands too? How do you make sure to sort out the copies afterwards?

i keep my hawks, Legion Angels, and lessons in the BLB for whoever grabbed the corresponding cards in draft. the lessons and Angels have a different colored sleeve so they don’t get shuffled in by mistake.

oh and to answer your last question, i always look at everyone’s deck after the night is over to see how people are building, what they’re benching to the sideboard, etc, and so i’d just throw the hawks and such back into the BLB during that process

Slightly different situation in my cube, since it's not for duplicates, but should still be applicable.

I have the following voucher card in the draft for Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar + The Underworld Cookbook:

I marked a light-blue dot in the bottom-left corner of the two cards' perfect fit sleeves so that I could quickly fish them out at the end of the draft and re-insert the voucher.

Hope that helps!

I'd say the easiest way to mark "special" cards in a draft or cards that ended up in a deck outside of the main draft is just through color coded stickers in a corner. My draft enhancements consist of the following:

1632261119039.png 1632261617580.png

I lay both of these out right from the start and answer any questions that players might have, but its relatively straightforward once we get going.

For any cards that are part of the main and need to marked accordingly I put a sticker in the bottom left-hand corner (as most players fan out cards from left to right when reviewing a pack), and any cards that were added from outside the main cube pool have a sticker in the bottom right-hand corner. For example, my cube has squadron land picks with a green sticker in the bottom left corner for the card itself (i.e. Siege Rhino) and the accompanying land will have a green sticker in the bottom right corner (i.e. Indatha Triome). For my Utility Land Draft cards I just have red stickers on all of them in the bottom right corner.

I distribute the squadron lands and duplicates from the voucher if a drafter lets me know after the draft is completed. ULD is laid out from the beginning and players just pick their own lands once we run that draft after the main one. Overall it's a pretty simple process, stickers on inner sleeves are a must for making it work. It makes sorting after the draft a breeze as I just have to scan for anything that has a sticker on the bottom right corner and I'm good to remove them and keep them in a separate deck box.

How do you decide which lands go with which cards? Do you just squadron 3-color cards with a fixing land, or do you go deeper than that?

How do you decide which lands go with which cards? Do you just squadron 3-color cards with a fixing land, or do you go deeper than that?

Yeah it's mostly 3 color cards for now. I only run it for a handful of cards, current squadrons are the following:

I'll probably dive more into possible options once we get the 2nd half of the Triome cycle at some point (especially want the Grixis and Esper ones), but these have mostly been fine to this point. Tri-Color picks always like having the extra fixing, I've turboed into Emrakul in the past before with the Temple and self-mill, and maybe someday someone will maindeck Battlements. Maybe? I dunno, it's so little in the way of complexity that I've just kept it around.

That's a pretty solid way of doing it.

I was half-hoping that one of the pairings was going to be

But you're probably not that low power...