Modern Horizons Horizons (A 489-card set cube)

I really like the Modern Horizons set! I went to a GP with my GF when the first one came out and we played all the 2-Headed Giant events that we could. We couldn't do the same with MH2, but since I really like these sets, I decided to just mash them together and call it a cube!

CubeCobra Link

The Design​

• Mostly cards from the Modern Horizons sets. Some cards from other sets are added to make the format more interesting.
  • Archetypes are almost the same as MH and MH2 sets. Tribal archetypes (goblin, slivers, ninjas, changelings) have been toned down.
  • Using rarities to simulate the MH draft environment. Some cards have a shifted rarity. Commons show up twice in the list.
  • To be drafted 1v1 or 2HG. Or whatever the group is on the mood for.

The Archetypes​

{W/U}: Blinking /Affinity
{U/B}: Graveyard / Discard matters
{B/R}: Madness
{R/G}: Storm / Lands-in-Graveyard
{G/W}: Counters / Proliferate
{W/B}: Reanimation
{B/G}: Graveyard / Sacrifice / Squirrels
{G/U}: Snow / Tokens
{U/R}: Delirium / Drawing
{R/W}: Modular
{G} {U/B}{R/W}: (Snow) Domain
{R}{W/B}: Slivers

The Boosters​

Each booster has:
  • 1 Rare/Mythic
  • 3 Uncommons
  • 10 Commons
  • 1 Land Slot
    • The first booster has +1 uncommon and -1 common
    • The last booster has -1 common and +1 land slot
Each draft pool with 8 players will have: (math might be outdated)
  • 24 Rares/Mythics (48% chance of inclusion for any individual rare/mythic card)
  • 80 Uncommons (88% chance of inclusion)
  • 226 Commons (77% 2 copies included, 98% at least 1 included, 1% 0 included)
  • 32 Lands (66% chance for lands with 1 copy, though most have duplicates)

Future developments​

• More commons? To create more variety.
  • More rares or mythics? Not sure. MH1 has 69 rares/mythics, and MH2 has 105 rares. I'm at 55. I guess it will depend on how much play I'll get out of this.
  • Reprint slot? A slot to add cards from outside of the MH environment. So far, I'm just shoving them in the regular draft.
  • Tighter RB, UB, UR themes? I'm thinking of adding more ninjas and goblins. The UB discard is odd. No idea about UR yet.
  • More micro-themes and less overarching themes? Maybe it could be neat with adding things like Ayula, Queen Among Bears, Cordial Vampire, Sythis, Harvest's Hand, etc.
  • More cards from Time Spiral? It kinda fits the nostalgia/complexity theme. So far, it's where most good theme/mechanic fits came from (besides the snow stuff).
Right now, I'm waiting for some cards to arrive so I can sleeve this up and get some drafts rolling.