Card/Deck Morph

I know, there is exactly 1 thread on morphs, but that topic was more on changing then rules on the ability (which i think, is a horrible idea), so I wanted to start a topic on the actual morph cards and a possible morph theme, which is imo one of the most fun mechanical themes for cube.

Evaluating a morph as a Gray Ogre is like saying Firebolt is a bad Shock. Exalted Angel is even today an undercosted beater, attacking on turn 4, you can't tell me this card is inefficient. In fact, it is good enough to be the only morph in a cube, and so good, I had to cut it from my lower powered list.

Having multiple morphs in multiple colors makes for a real sweet mini game, or rather mind game, where you can win a game thanks to a good bluff. Or lose horribly. Every time someone plays a face down card in my cube, it creates a moment of tension. If you want something skill testing without taking the game too seriously, just include some morphs.

I'm running all these:

The only card I'm unhappy with is the Broodhatch Nantuko, because it is rarely good outside of a deck with damage based sweepers and Wildfire effects.

What morphs do you have in your cube?

This looks like a sweet subtheme in your cube, kind of surprising when we consider some of the aggro discussion we've had. Do you find that having a lot of aggro one drops makes these worse? I'm guessing not.

I think the only one I'm running is Den Protector, which is clearly for the regrowth and evasion aspect. I don't think you need a sub theme for morph, but if you'r running a few of them like you do, I think it would definately add another fun aspect to the cube. I like it.

One of the advantages of the subtheme is that you get to play the Ripper. Love that card.

Not really, depends on the speed of your cubes. Actually, some of them like Dragonslayer or Bane are pretty great against aggro.

It is not really a theme in that sense, that I'm playing any weird payoff cards, and it isn't an archetype certainly too. They just get a little better and much more tricky when you team them up. I'd call morph the most non-parasitic theme ever, because there are morphs for pretty much every deck. You don't need payoff cards.

Well, actually I am running a single payoff card. The Shapeshifter doesn't need other morphs, but it is super good with them. Reusing Willbender/Hiermit/Denny every turn is another cool thing to do with morphs.

Oh, and if you support blink, you can do even more tricks. Best target for flicker effects might be the Djinn, where you get a 5/6 flying for 3 with no drawback. But Exalted Angel or the red Akroma do also work well.