General Ondezeeboot, You pull the curtains and open the window for some fresh air

BAM!!

You've been hit by a cannon ball and fall to the floor. As you open your eyes again after stumbling on the carpet you see your bedroom ruined. Books all over the floor, your bed in shambles. Dust everywhere. You feel dizzy. You cough a few times as you, in your confusion, pick up Humankind: A Hopeful History by Rutger Bregman from the rubbles. The sun is shining through the window. What an odd thing to notice in a situation like this. You walk to the window to see what happened. And then you see it.

You're surrounded. Soldiers everywhere. You look down on them from the 2nd floor window. You feel trapped. There are so many of them. They all carry the dark blue banner of Velrun with the dragon crest. The largest army in the world. As the initial shock leaves you, you feel better and prepared for war. You have to man up. But in that moment you notice the cannon is being loaded again and it's still pointed at your bedroom from the fields below your once beautiful castle.

What will you do, @Onderzeeboot?

Last edited:

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I turn on the tv to watch the evening news. I'm kind of bewildered, they're saying some guy from Denmark blew up a random house? I'm like: "Who the fuck in their right mind would shoot a cannon at someone's bedroom?!" Slightly baffled I turn off the news, open my iPad, and see Velrun made some threats against me on RiptideLab. Realization sets in when I read his bloody claim to victory... Oh no... He picked a house, seeing the copy of Bregman's book through the bedroom window, assuming it was mine, not knowing I don't keep my books in my bedroom, and neither is my bedroom on the second floor... Velrun, I beg you, stop this madness! It's just words over the internet! They might tickle, they might sting. They might be true, they might be false. They might fall on deaf ears, they might reach a wide audience. They might be worth arguing over, but they are never ever worth fighting over!

PS. I hope you have a ton of money to repair that poor dude's bedroom! ;)

I wake up. Realizing it was all a dream. But my anger, nay my wrath endures.

I im immediately picking up the pencil as I always do in the morning. I text @blacksmithy , @TrainmasterGT and @inscho

“I need your help. There is this gentleman. We need to take him down. Do you have any ideas how we do that? He is innocent but he sits on the throne we desire and deserve so something must be done. It is the only way I achieve victory and we can reap the rewards. I will knighthood you, give you a castle each and young maidens if we succeed. If we conquer the realm back I will shower you in gold and glory. Our problem you ask? He has advanced to a higher technology than us. He talks about science stuff I do not understand. We must reclaim my ancestors’ throne back. Will you help me in my quest and be rewarded for your bravery? TO WAR! FOR GLORY!”

I send the raven.
Now all I can do is wait.

I return to these forums after a four day absence and we have already fallen to anarchy? Posters who should be as close as kinfolk are conspiring against one-another — it is as if we were no better than the Balduvian Trading Post!

Velrun, stay thy wrath — lest your rash actions destroy all that we have built here.

I look up at the moon and ponder how it all came to this as I wait for the raven to arrive. A knock on the door and I bit them enter.

It's the maid with my evening tea. She asks if all is well yet I do not have the will to give a thorough reply. I simply nod approvingly and tell her she can take the night off. She bows and leaves with more manners than I deserve these days. After a few sips of tea I see something in the sky. A face in the clouds.

It looks like a fair lady. And it's speaking to me. The cloud is speaking to me. What was in that tea? "Velrun, stay thy wrath - lest your rash actions destroy all that we have built here." Was that an omen? A threat? Or am I just too far gone to think rationally? I put myself on the bed and decide to sleep on it. Perhaps the raven will decide my fate. It all comes down to the good lord Insicho, the train and the local town smith.

"Lord Inscho..."

My eyelids struggle to open.

"a raven from Lord Velrun has arrived!"

I roll over in a pile of my own sick, hungover from a night of debauchery at my annual Bocce Ball Birthday Bash ™

I mutter under my breath: "must need something...it's the only time I hear from him"

"What was that m'Lord?"

"....what's he want??"

The maid reads the message....cannonball dream....science....war....my eyelids begin to droop.

"He couldn't be bothered to RSVP to the Bocce Bash™ ....I'd rather take fifty lashes on my coin purse than help that codger. "

I roll back over, and drift to sleep.

Last edited: