Poll: Do you pimp your cube?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I pretty intentionally avoid foils, but I do make a mild effort to obtain the original printing of a card when the cost is not prohibitively expensive.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I avoid anything that makes the card unreadable. Foils nicely avoid that, whereas the most common promos (textless) hamper it :(
Other languages or miscut cards are a little better, but not enough for me to want them

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
From the results of the poll so far, I'm surprised how many people foil out their cubes - nearly 50%.

I wonder if this is why people get so personally offended when you suggest that their Favourite Cards X and Y are game-ruining horse manure.

Aoret

Developer
I'm a bit of an interesting case. I do the "window decal transfer" foil proxies for my cube when I can bring myself to spend the time on it. I've done somewhere in the ballpark of 40-60 of these so far. I prioritize correct Oracle text, and then try to find cards people have done with cool alternate art, especially extended/full art versions. If I'm really hard-pressed to find a card I want, I strong arm my wife into making a render for me...

I voted "Yes, I look to replace each each card with a specific foil or promo version that is my favourite."

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I run exactly one foil card: Rebecca Guay Path of Exile. I hope that like the Steve Argyle Blood Braid Elf, that art eventually gets reprinted as a non-foil, but I'm not holding my breath.

The printing of the cards I run depends completely on the card.

I usually often prefer white borders, but that's not a hard rule.

I also prefer old frame. I don't currently have any exceptions to this, but they might one day make a sweet new art on an old card might make me change my mind.