Ravnica Remastered

Finally got a draft done last night again with this project. I started with a Minister and got passed the Root-Kin, which led to this absolute monster (mutant?) of a deck. I ended up taking the cake with it.

Sporeback Troll was the absolute MVP, always granting team Regeneration. The combo of Minister of Impediments with Vigean Graftmage also helped me to close out one game, and Silhana Ledgewalker is a total beast (mutant?) when it get 5 +1/+1 counters on EtB from Graft dudes. In the end, all these commons and uncommons were stronger than my rare, thanks to synergie. That's one thing I always loved about this block, the commons were strong and cool, mostly, an the rares not that pushed or rather interesting build arounds than unbeatable bombs.

Although, the only game I lost that evening was against Rakdos the Defiler himself, so that's a thing still :D

I've been drafting your cube and it's a lot of fun. Despite being mostly a retail format all the cards feel fun. I don't know how different it is from the original, it seems more dense and better. Still, is it me or is there more play to many of the common/uncommon cards than in newer sets? It seems they have more abilities, which creates a denser game than weak ETBs.

Do you really need so many vanilla creatures? I seem to have more playables than I'll ever need. It's not that I can't see a reason to run Grizzly Bear and Goblin Raider, is that I don't see me doing it too often. What are you trying to achieve through them? I'm curious.

Yeah, I've seen you're sweet azorius control deck! Thanks for the kind words. Well, it was bfore new world ordermade commons simpler, maybe that's why. One thing I really liked about original ravnica was how much of the quality was in uncommons and even commons of the set. Rares were only rarely (pun intended) the clear first pick, you'd often take a Compulsive Research or Siege Wurm or Last Gasp instead.

The vanilla creatures (or vanilla with drawback) are basically all 2-drops. Ravnica is surprisingly short on monocolored 2-drops (black has 0 at common). So I tried to reach a certain amount with the ones 9th edition had to offer, so aggro decks would be able to get 7+ if they want to. I'm not excited by Goblin Pikers either, but I'd rather have a few 2-drops too many than not enough.

Oh and horned turtle is a weird old pet card I wanna give a chance :D

I've been drafting your cube and it's a lot of fun. Despite being mostly a retail format all the cards feel fun. I don't know how different it is from the original, it seems more dense and better. Still, is it me or is there more play to many of the common/uncommon cards than in newer sets? It seems they have more abilities, which creates a denser game than weak ETBs.

Do you really need so many vanilla creatures? I seem to have more playables than I'll ever need. It's not that I can't see a reason to run Grizzly Bear and Goblin Raider, is that I don't see me doing it too often. What are you trying to achieve through them? I'm curious.

Oh, and you were probably drafting the cube from this thread:

https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/ravnicas-9th-district.3312/

Can a mod close the thread here? Sorry for creating two, but it was a whole new approach to a similar idea, and also two years later.