Card/Deck RW Reanimator

So I tried something radically different for my cube this month. I was looking for a Boros theme and somewhere, I forget if it was here or somewhere else I saw RW reanimator.

Red for the discard outlets (paired with a little bit of madness), white for the reanimation spells.
I loved it.

Black reanimator has usually been explosive, but at a cost. White happened later (t4-5) but usually felt better, added a bonus to the creatures, and seemed more fair.

One game I on turn five, with an empty board:
Defy Death getting back Karmic Guide, who brought back Dawnbreak Reclaimer who ended the turn ressurecting Bruna, the Fading Light.

Red has enough rummaging effects, Nahiri fits the theme perfectly, and White ressurection spells and unique enough:

Pulsemage Advocate, Miraculous Recovery, Custodi Squire...

I even managed to pull off melding Bruna and Gisela.

Either red or blue work to support Wx reanimator. I think blue is slightly better, but Faithless Looting is sweet.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Yeah, I like this, but it seems like its much stronger in blue (or UW/r) than strict R/W.

Its a neat trick to be able to use blue's spell recursion to replay the white reanimation spell effects, targeting value ETB dudes, and just grinding down any non-U midrange deck, while still having access to blue's usual arsenal of draw, evasive threats, and permanent interaction.

You can essentially have the pressure tools of a flyer's deck, the midgame grinding viability of a midrange deck, and the late game of a control deck: seems tough to beat.

This also does go back to UW oftentimes feeling very much like UB.

On the other hand, setting up those sorts of reanimation chains sounds sweet.

Blue white is certainly a powerful deck, but RW definitely offers some unique tools. I like working the Daretti angle in my own list, but I am working on creature reanimation with a recent resurrection addition.

Ties in great with red 'madness control', or whatevs you want to call it. Cathartic reunion ->discarding Fiery Temper and Firemane Angel seems gas.

I made a cool RW Feldon control deck in Alfonzo's cube, but CT seems to be down :/

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I love this as an angle for WR, which often feels like it gets left out of the combo discussions. Blue normally sets this up better than red, but this is a more unique focus for red especially if you go hard on Welders (with white offering Refurbish and incidental artifacts via Thraben Inspector/Blade Splicer/fabricate)

I want to try Bruna even though Gisela doesn't seem that appealing?

I like this card a lot, but not in RUG - think more RW with:
Very useful insight as usual! This has tipped me over the edge in wanting to include it. Its another red discard outlet, and it buys you turns/clears the board, to followed by some punishing reanimation play. Looks like a solid include if you want to support RW reanimator!

Also, Feldon + Angel of Serenity seems downright evil. Love it :)

Alsoalso, this works fantastically with Unburial rites!

An interesting twist on RW Reaminator, similar or including the welder option, is to go for the mini-reanimator option using cards like Alesha, Who Smiles at Death and Return to the Ranks. They can be really interesting to build around in a cube draft from my experience with them. There is the also bonus that the mini-reanimator version does not require the inclusion of fatties to have teeth and a low space commitment. (I use it as a sideways draft strategy for those interested in going deep.)

A reanimation target off the top of my head:

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
An interesting twist on RW Reaminator, similar or including the welder option, is to go for the mini-reanimator option using cards like Alesha, Who Smiles at Death and Return to the Ranks. They can be really interesting to build around in a cube draft from my experience with them. There is the also bonus that the mini-reanimator version does not require the inclusion of fatties to have teeth and a low space commitment. (I use it as a sideways draft strategy for those interested in going deep.)

A reanimation target off the top of my head:

This is a really good framework for a more grindy aggro deck.

You already have:

Which works well with the micro-reanimation, and can grab utility targets or resilient threats. Its a way to grind out card advantage, transitioning into a more dynamic style of gameplay after the initial rush, and smoothing out draws.

Love it

I know my cube is higher power level than most, but I just wanted to say that I've had Nahiri's Wrath in there for a little while now, and it's felt great! Strong, but not oppressive, a great way to get cards in the GY and interact with the board at the same time. Also at a reasonable cost. It's all reasonable, strong but not broken.