Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

What conditions and other cards would I need for it to be interesting an fun?
I think some redundancy of the effect would be sweet. Schafkurai mentioned Jace, Wielder of Mysteries and that is a good one. There is also Nexus of Fate which is less obvious, but a lot of fun (by my standards) to optimize.

For the Oracle to shine, I'd be looking at a mix of one-shot and repeatable self-mill enablers

A bunch of ways to recur it in case it hits the GY

Other GY matters payoffs to signal that a coherent deck is supported

There are other, more spicy ways to win

Artifact draw 7

Paradox Engine combo

One card engines (that you don't want, I know!)

Storm (tame version)

And a bunch more. Fun card, highly recommend!

bad removal+having an artifact on the board for improvise/all that glitters/any artifact synergy. Good in low power environment that supports both sac and artifact matters

it's basically a more flexible bone splinters in white. it's not as low power as it might appear at a first glance - 1 mana removal is very powerful as a rule, and being able to sacrifice a random treasure or token for it is a price a lot of decks are willing to pay. not being cmc limited makes it a nice comparison to portable hole and the like, and ward 2 makes it really likely to stick around, especially if you're low on mass artifact removal. it's certainly not perfect, but i think it's a solid role player in lower power or mid power environments.

Werewolves/Wolves play well with Standstill. Stuff like Mayor of Avabruck and Nightpack Ambusher.

Level Up/ Figure of Destiny-type cards play really well with it.

Activated Abilities in general are a strong pairing, and of course, having a threatening board state that demands an answer from your opponent is a pretty guaranteed Standstill trigger.

If you support a "Draw-Go" Tempo archetype it shouldn't have an issue being playable imo.

Last edited:
After pondering a bit, it's also basically "just" a 2-mana draw spell. That's pretty good, but I don't know if I would consider for instance Treasure Cruise to be too broken for the power level of cubes I'd wanna build.

I have a copy so, I'll just try it.