General Subtheme: Weenie Recursion

Credit to inscho's peasant cube for inspiration:

These two cards can grab any of the Splicers or any Clone as common ones that are mid-costed. It can also grab anything with Graft or Modular (including Arcbound Overseer). Urbis Protector, Trostani's Summoner, Triskelion, Phantom Nishoba, Noosegraf Mob, Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar are some other cool ones from a quick scryfall search for cmc>5. I'm sure there's more.

Optional, takes the package out of white and makes it bigger. Although one of these is very good anyways:

I love both of the Larks, seriously two of the more interesting white creatures and also great with Ninjutsu!

Shirei is a card I'm definitely going to add to my new cube. Don't know if 5 mana is too slow, but in a dedicated aristocrats.dec it looks definitely like it's worth a shot. Sac'ing everything with Blood Artist or Spiteful Prankster on the field and recurring some of them with Shizo, just to sac them all again sounds like a wonderful scenario with cards like Doomed Traveler or Tuktuk the Explorer.

Alesha has played fairly good in aggressive decks. Good body + good ability.

What are the other enablers for this theme? And what are the cool targets?
I think if I were to do a weenie recursion package it would look something like:

Then using those to allow for an instant kill with some combination of:

This also has some potential for cross-pollination with a zombies deck:

I'm not sure this is consistent enough to be a real deck, but it does look pretty sweet.

Corpse Knight was pretty good in M20 Limited. :) If I remember correctly, there was a Peasant cube of someone I know that had it in, according to them with great success. Might even make the cut in 1 of my 2 Orzhov guild slots.

One thing I have to say about him: he's good with tokens, yes, but that's not necessarily the aristocrats.dec. He has an aggressive body and doesn't need a sac outlet, unlike Blood Artist.

Edit: Artist doesn't necessarily need a sac outlet either, but it's a lot better with it. Just in case someone wants to misunderstand me. :D

Recur it, entomb an artifact, then use reanimate that artifact. I think it'd work pretty well if you had cool 2 or 3 drop artifact creatures to recur.

fleshbag marauder is fun to recur. Not necessarily good at higher powers, but really fun.

selfless spirit has been mentioned before. A solid flier that saves a bigger dude or maybe the entire board, multiple times if recurred.

Missed in my above post, does the targeting/recurring all by itself: bloodghast

Reactions: dbs

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I see two themes here that offer different incentives:

- Returning high-impact but low-cost threats (Unearth, Lurrus, Ojutai's Command etc)
- Returning low-power (in the power/toughness sense) but high-cost threats (Reveillark, Alesha, Imperial Recruiter)

There's some overlap here (e.g. Sylvan Advocate is cheap enough on both metrics but acquires high power at a later time) but it's worth noting the distinction. For the latter: